Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did c12 and F1 and S1 edexcel ial maths this year during my AS LEVEL as well as physics. Will this alone be sufficient to ace the Physics aptitude test? I checked the 2015 past paper and it seems manageable however the previous years seem beyond my scope. What are your views? Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to say how well you'd do. The thing with Oxford admissions tests tends to be timing, so you really really should practise using the past physics and also possibly maths papers. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    It's impossible to say how well you'd do. The thing with Oxford admissions tests tends to be timing, so you really really should practise using the past physics and also possibly maths papers. Good luck
    Tnx a lot for ur help. I would like to ask whether it is worth doing the PAT without having done any mechanics units? (I will be doing M1 and later M2 when school reopens)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tejsanghavi)
    Tnx a lot for ur help. I would like to ask whether it is worth doing the PAT without having done any mechanics units? (I will be doing M1 and later M2 when school reopens)
    The difficulty varies from year to year, but usually an easy paper in the year before leads to a harder paper the year after and vice versa (like 2014&15 and 2012&13), so this might well mean this year's PAT will be much harder.

You can do the PAT without mechanics units as long as you've cover physics AS mechanics and part of A2 mechanics (they expect you to do this yourself).
    You will also need to self study other parts of A2 physics as by november this probably has not been taught in school.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.