Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically I have two schools for sixth form I want to go to, but I don't know which one to choose, like the first one is my secondary school, I wanted to go there because I feel more comfortable but the school itself isn't very good and the teachers aren't good. The second school I really enjoyed but it is very out of my comfort zone, I was so lucky to be accepted, but it gives me so much anxiety I know my family want me to go there and I don't want to disappoint them but I'm conflicted between the two. Half of me wants to go to the first school and the other half wants to go to the second school. I really don't want to disappoint my family, I just don't want to make a bad decision with this, and it's now giving me so much anxiety and I can't handle it anymore

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that you would be better off staying at your secondary school sixth form. If you feel anxious about your environment, then you won't be able to concentrate or enjoy yourself as much. Don't worry about disappointing your family, you're the one who's going to be studying, not them, so you need to be comfortable and happy with your college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenwarrior)
    basically I have two schools for sixth form I want to go to, but I don't know which one to choose, like the first one is my secondary school, I wanted to go there because I feel more comfortable but the school itself isn't very good and the teachers aren't good. The second school I really enjoyed but it is very out of my comfort zone, I was so lucky to be accepted, but it gives me so much anxiety I know my family want me to go there and I don't want to disappoint them but I'm conflicted between the two. Half of me wants to go to the first school and the other half wants to go to the second school. I really don't want to disappoint my family, I just don't want to make a bad decision with this, and it's now giving me so much anxiety and I can't handle it anymore
    Maybe talk to the school your more comfortable with and ask if they'll keep a place open for you for a week - mine did that for a friend while he tried a few other sixth forms. And try the 'better' sixth form for a week or so - it's important to get out of your comfort zone sometimes... My best friend joined my sixth form, she knew no one but she says it was one of the best decisions she ever made because she got grades she never would've gotten at her old school and made friends with people (including me) she never would've. And she says she grew as a person being pushed so far out of her comfort zone.

But ultimately, it's up to you. Your education therefore your decision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.