LumosNox1323
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just got my GCSE grades and I was wondering if they are good enough to get into medicine or whether I should start looking at another career path:

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
English Language: A*
History: A*
Spanish: A*
Maths: A
English Literature: A
Latin: A
Physics: A
Religious Studies: A

Also, will my As in maths and physics have an impact on whether I would get in?
noideawhy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are fine for medicine
noideawhy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are fine for medicine
Freddyt58
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your GCSE's look solid, but is there a reason you only did ten? I remember from my school we ended up with 14.

For most medical schools your AS results, your predicted A level grades, UKCAT exams and interviews have more of a bearing than GCSE's so don't get too hung up on that. Just concentrate on doing well in A levels and getting first hand experience either in a hospital or a GP centre

Those would be my tips to getting into medical school
PrincessBO$$
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What do you think?
Irukandji5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are definitely good enough and A's in maths and physics wouldn't effect your application, it just depends on where you choose to go. For example, Birmingham requires 8A*'s at GCSE and some med schools like Nottingham, Cardiff, QUB, Leicester... use a GCSE point scoring system. But for most med schools you just need to meet the minimum requiremens which you definitely have.
Rishan27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LumosNox1323)
I've just got my GCSE grades and I was wondering if they are good enough to get into medicine or whether I should start looking at another career path:

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
English Language: A*
History: A*
Spanish: A*
Maths: A
English Literature: A
Latin: A
Physics: A
Religious Studies: A

Also, will my As in maths and physics have an impact on whether I would get in?
First of all, congratulations on your GCSE results. You should be very proud. I honestly think you should consider doing medicine with these results.
Sniperdon227
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No they are all exceptional, you'll have no problems whatsoever
meandegreen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They're fine and you know they're fine.
Rishan27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First of all congratulations on your GCSE results. You should be very proud. I strongly believe you should consider Medicine. Don't really worry about the A's in Maths and Physics.
Irukandji5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those grades are definitely good enough and maths and physics are also good. Birmingham needs 8A* at GCSE and some like Cardiff, Nottingham, Leicester and QUB have a GCSE scoring system but you meet the minimum requirements for most schools you just need to look around and see what suits you and which universities you like.
Mrs House
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Use a bit of common sense. There's no Bs in your grades of course they're good enough
#_#
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey

Yes, your grades are amazing. You should give yourself credit and be proud of yourself! You stand a solid chance as you would be able to tell if you looked at the medicine entry requirements, so long as you keep this up with a levels and ukcat or bmat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%