Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just got my GCSE grades and I was wondering if they are good enough to get into medicine or whether I should start looking at another career path:

Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    English Language: A*
    History: A*
    Spanish: A*
    Maths: A
    English Literature: A
    Latin: A
    Physics: A
    Religious Studies: A

Also, will my As in maths and physics have an impact on whether I would get in?

ReputationRep:
    They are fine for medicine

ReputationRep:
    They are fine for medicine

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSE's look solid, but is there a reason you only did ten? I remember from my school we ended up with 14.

For most medical schools your AS results, your predicted A level grades, UKCAT exams and interviews have more of a bearing than GCSE's so don't get too hung up on that. Just concentrate on doing well in A levels and getting first hand experience either in a hospital or a GP centre

Those would be my tips to getting into medical school

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    They are definitely good enough and A's in maths and physics wouldn't effect your application, it just depends on where you choose to go. For example, Birmingham requires 8A*'s at GCSE and some med schools like Nottingham, Cardiff, QUB, Leicester... use a GCSE point scoring system. But for most med schools you just need to meet the minimum requiremens which you definitely have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LumosNox1323)
    I've just got my GCSE grades and I was wondering if they are good enough to get into medicine or whether I should start looking at another career path:

Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    English Language: A*
    History: A*
    Spanish: A*
    Maths: A
    English Literature: A
    Latin: A
    Physics: A
    Religious Studies: A

Also, will my As in maths and physics have an impact on whether I would get in?
    First of all, congratulations on your GCSE results. You should be very proud. I honestly think you should consider doing medicine with these results.

ReputationRep:
    No they are all exceptional, you'll have no problems whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    They're fine and you know they're fine.

ReputationRep:
    First of all congratulations on your GCSE results. You should be very proud. I strongly believe you should consider Medicine. Don't really worry about the A's in Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Those grades are definitely good enough and maths and physics are also good. Birmingham needs 8A* at GCSE and some like Cardiff, Nottingham, Leicester and QUB have a GCSE scoring system but you meet the minimum requirements for most schools you just need to look around and see what suits you and which universities you like.

ReputationRep:
    Use a bit of common sense. There's no Bs in your grades of course they're good enough

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Yes, your grades are amazing. You should give yourself credit and be proud of yourself! You stand a solid chance as you would be able to tell if you looked at the medicine entry requirements, so long as you keep this up with a levels and ukcat or bmat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.