The Student Room Group

Oxford Economics & Management Applicants Thread for 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Got an interview from Merton today, anyone else?
Original post by pingu21198
sorry to hear that :frown: all the best with your other options!

what college did you apply to, by the way?

Hi! Thanks hey, I applied to Hertford
Just had my invitation from Pembroke.
I just got my invitation for Economics and Management from Keble College

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marvellousminty
I know people have had invitations or rejections for other courses but I am yet to come across anyone who has heard back from an E&M course.

I just did two hours ago. I got an interview invitation from Keble
Reply 25
Got an invitation from New College 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
Original post by Maceyf
Got an invitation from New College 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Congratulations!
Let's all hope for the best 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Teitchie
Congratulations!
Let's all hope for the best 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'm chuffed and mildly stressed thought I had no chance after the TSA do u guys know loads about management cus I certainly don't 😬
Reply 28
GCSE: A^ in Further Maths, 9A*, 1A
AS: N/A (all linear)
A level subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics
Predicted: A*A*A*A* and A* in Extended Project Qualification
College: Christ Church

Hi everyone, I still haven't heard any call for interview/rejection for E&M at Oxford yet. Any other Christ Church applicants?
Got an interview invite three days ago from New College.
Got invited for interview at Hertford (Belgian applicant taking the Belgian Diploma)
Original post by RFire99
GCSE: A^ in Further Maths, 9A*, 1A
AS: N/A (all linear)
A level subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics
Predicted: A*A*A*A* and A* in Extended Project Qualification
College: Christ Church

Hi everyone, I still haven't heard any call for interview/rejection for E&M at Oxford yet. Any other Christ Church applicants?

I received my interview invitation for Christ church yesterday so you'll be hearing very soon! Good luck x
Reply 32
Got rejected from Christ Church :frown:
Reply 33
Haven't heard from Pembroke :/
Interview invite came today :h: fingers crossed for anyone who's still waiting!
Hi do you get an email acknowledgement after completing the online Interview Arrangements?
Original post by Jasminechen
Hi do you get an email acknowledgement after completing the online Interview Arrangements?

I haven't gotten one but i'm certain i completed the online form so it must be ok
Reply 37
Original post by Jasminechen

No. No confirmation recd so far.

Btw, now that we have the invite, I am not very clear why do they have to call us for two days? How many interviews do they hold? Someone was telling me that you could even be interviewed at two colleges? That's quite stressful with the whole process anyways looking to be so long.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dabbu
No. No confirmation recd so far.

Btw, now that we have the invite, I am not very clear why do they have to call us for two days? How many interviews do they hold? Someone was telling me that you could even be interviewed at two colleges? That's quite stressful with the whole process anyways looking to be so long.

Take it from someone who has been through the interview process once before (for PPE that time), having a break between your interviews is far less stressful than having to go straight from one to the other. Make the most of the free food and accommodation and explore Oxford whilst you're there. I think the Christmas market/festival should have started by the time we go down for interviews so that's worth checking out too.
Reply 39
Original post by marvellousminty
Take it from someone who has been through the interview process once before (for PPE that time), having a break between your interviews is far less stressful than having to go straight from one to the other. Make the most of the free food and accommodation and explore Oxford whilst you're there. I think the Christmas market/festival should have started by the time we go down for interviews so that's worth checking out too.

Good to know that you have had prior experience. SO, how many interviews do they hold for E&M- any ideas pls. Thanks.

Quick Reply