Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjw)
    Is it too late to apply for summer vacation schemes now? I have a list of firms from lawcareers.net with deadlines approaching that I am working towards, though I am not sure whether they give places out during the process or wait until they have all the applications then decide; can somebody cast some light on this please?

I have no legal work experience and a limited understanding of the Law, far from ideal I know, so can anybody offer me some advice here please?

I am a final year History student (Exeter) expecting a high 2:1 (67 or so) with AAA.

Thank you,

Chris
    as far as i know, all vac scheme applications are closed by now. apart from mishcon de reya and perhaps a handful of other smaller firms.

ReputationRep:
    There are a few regionals still open until next week I think.

ReputationRep:
    There are a few US ones available still and some smaller City ones;

http://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors...Deadlines.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I got the vac scheme I really wanted!

:party:

I think the interviewer must have liked my shoes or something. I can't think of any other explanation for it!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you were just impessive. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I'd like to think so. But I think maybe the shoes helped a bit!

ReputationRep:
    I find I am more successful wearing 15 denier tights than opaque ones...

ReputationRep:

Seriously though, I'm over the moon. I've said all along that if I got this one I wouldn't care if all the others rejected me. (Which so far they all have!)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rollonfriday.com/load.asp?page=story678a.htm

ReputationRep:
    haha. interesting to see eversheds up there. i'd have thought s&m would have had a fairly high position too...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was slightly weird, when I was talking to friends about firms I'd applied to, S&M was the one they'd all heard of. Eversheds is understandable though with their offices in all the big cities.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in at BPP, wahoooo!

ReputationRep:
    Same. Text at 12.01, email at 12.13. Keenos.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in at UWE, which means I can hang around here for the foreseeable future!

I found out on Friday though.

ReputationRep:
    BPP texted me at 12.01 and woke me up! SO not impressed!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a text, feel a little left out now. Still, managed to get BPP which is good enough. Has anybody visited the place or have plans for doing so.

ReputationRep:
    got offers this morning from CoL, BPP and Kaplan...

i think i'll have to visit the first two at some point over easter!

ReputationRep:
    Got mine from CoL too, just waiting on Northumbria now. I think I'm going to take BPP though...

ReputationRep:
    In deciding which place to study your GDL is your choice informed in anyway by the LPC; some firms preferring X over Y essentially.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Oxford Brookes?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.