Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are these like? I'm spending the first 2 weeks of August at York in these 2 colleges... was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh? How come? Apparantly theyre the worst colleges, but because of it have a better atmosphere/community. I wanna end up in one of these colleges so make sure you come back and tell me what its like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Oooh? How come?
    Don't laugh... summer school. And yes it was voluntary!

Apparantly theyre the worst colleges, but because of it have a better atmosphere/community.
    Well, there will be nobody around in August I assume, except 200-odd of us... so atmosphere won't be there. Great, the worst colleges!!

I wanna end up in one of these colleges so make sure you come back and tell me what its like
    Will do!

ReputationRep:
    Summer school? What sort of stuff do you do? Are you going to york in october?

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 16! It's just a random extra thing. I'm doing a course on the History of Ideas... should be interesting... maybe!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    I'm only 16! It's just a random extra thing. I'm doing a course on the History of Ideas... should be interesting... maybe!!
    lol yeh, it will, dont worry, how long you going for?

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh, it will, dont worry, how long you going for?
    2 weeks... beats sitting around doing absolutely zilch for 9 weeks instead of 7 anyway... my brain tends to die over the summer too so hopefully this will prevent that...

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks... beats sitting around doing absolutely zilch for 9 weeks instead of 7 anyway... my brain tends to die over the summer too so hopefully this will prevent that...
    And theres 200 other people there you say? Make sure you take plenty of beer

ReputationRep:
    lol. I will be one of the oldest though it's from 11-16. And there are apparently very strict staff

*edit* and beer would not be my choice . I already find that a lot of guys have a problem with girls drinking beer for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    lol. I will be one of the oldest though it's from 11-16. And there are apparently very strict staff

*edit* and beer would not be my choice . I already find that a lot of guys have a problem with girls drinking beer for some reason!
    Aww, didnt realise you were a girl, how old are you then?

ReputationRep:
    16!! Why the aww?!

Can I just ask.... what is this whole narb thing about anyway?!

ReputationRep:
    16!! Why the aww?!

Can I just ask.... what is this whole narb thing about anyway?!
    11-16, I imagine more of the people there will side on the 16 option, cant imagine many 11 year olds going to a summer school at york uni!

I mean, ohhhh, instead of aww, forgive me Im a schoolboy

What do you mean the whole narb thing?

ReputationRep:
    11-16, I imagine more of the people there will side on the 16 option, cant imagine many 11 year olds going to a summer school at york uni!
    You would be surprised!! There are other ones too... Warwick, Durham, Canterbury, Imperial etc etc.

I mean, ohhhh, instead of aww, forgive me Im a schoolboy
    So long as it wasn't an "aww, poor you being a girl" kind of aww!

What do you mean the whole narb thing?
    lol, I don't post a lot and joined fairly recently (as you can probably tell from probably never having seen a post by me before!) and there seem to be a lot of narbs in various incarnations... what IS a narb?!

What you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    You would be surprised!! There are other ones too... Warwick, Durham, Canterbury, Imperial etc etc.

So long as it wasn't an "aww, poor you being a girl" kind of aww!

lol, I don't post a lot and joined fairly recently (as you can probably tell from probably never having seen a post by me before!) and there seem to be a lot of narbs in various incarnations... what IS a narb?!

What you applying for?
    Err, a narb isnt really anything, just a word..we both got banned, so Im back as this..the other one is on holiday right now ..

I had York as my firm to do physics, but Ive failed all my exams, so Ill be entering clearing instead :mad:

But honestly, I dont think therell be many 11-14 year olds there If only it wasnt full of geeks you could have quite a decent time, 2 weeks in your own rooms etc away from parents, would be pretty decent

ReputationRep:
    Err, a narb isnt really anything, just a word..we both got banned, so Im back as this..the other one is on holiday right now ..

I had York as my firm to do physics, but Ive failed all my exams, so Ill be entering clearing instead :mad:

But honestly, I dont think therell be many 11-14 year olds there If only it wasnt full of geeks you could have quite a decent time, 2 weeks in your own rooms etc away from parents, would be pretty decent
    Aww! Do you know that for sure?! I managed to have to leave the already-notoriously-difficult edexcel maths gcse paper so not looking forward to that result....

I like Physics I'm taking it as a 5th AS i.e. on 3 periods a week, ouch...
    Fingers crossed for non-geekness....

What did you get banned for?!

ReputationRep:
    Aww! Do you know that for sure?! I managed to have to leave the already-notoriously-difficult edexcel maths gcse paper so not looking forward to that result....

I like Physics I'm taking it as a 5th AS i.e. on 3 periods a week, ouch...
    Fingers crossed for non-geekness....

What did you get banned for?!
    Swearing, and I wont know for sure about the results for another month

Itll be full of geeks, and you know it, who else spends 2 weeks of their summer learning stuff ?

ReputationRep:

Itll be full of geeks, and you know it, who else spends 2 weeks of their summer learning stuff ?
    I was going to say I'm sure you haven't done that badly but instead I will just say... oi!!

(and yes I know I said that anyway... d'oh)

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say I'm sure you haven't done that badly but instead I will just say... oi!!

(and yes I know I said that anyway... d'oh)
    The majority of people there will be hardcore geeks, you know it

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Are we "allowed" to have such completely irrelevant threads?!

ReputationRep:
    what IS a narb?!

look on dictionary.com or something, i didnt know until someone told me to look on a website like that

is this imasillynarb then?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.