Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! So confused! Looking for accommodation on coventry. I'm nearly 25 and trying to find somewhere local to campus. Would like somewhere with an ensuite if possible. Alot of places appear fully booked or bad reviews!

Any suggestions please!?

Ceyda
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ca2462)
    Hello! So confused! Looking for accommodation on coventry. I'm nearly 25 and trying to find somewhere local to campus. Would like somewhere with an ensuite if possible. Alot of places appear fully booked or bad reviews!

Any suggestions please!?

Ceyda
    Hi there,

What sort of accommodation are you looking for, uni halls or private?

We also have a dedicated Cov Uni forum here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=505 which might be of use to you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm still trying to get used to using TSR... I would like somewhere local to the campus at Coventry.. A lot of the accommodation is now fully booked. I've found a lovely place for £525 that is a studio flat but I'm having difficulty with student finance for the first time in 3 years! So not sure if I will be able to afford it (as I do not know how much I am entitled to) or what is even appropriate pricing for rent.

To be honest after trying to sort out uni for over two months now it is starting to really stress me and get me down.. In long and short I accepted a place at Greenwich Uni and then found a more appropriate course at Coventry University College- that caused loads of difficulties with UCAS and student finance then had complications. Now I am waiting for my dads accountant to send proof of earnings which once SFE finally receive the proof will take about 11/12 working days to process- I am hoping that will be sufficient!

Sorry for the headache! I am just venting I suppose- sorry!

Thanks for the help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Thank you! I'm still trying to get used to using TSR... I would like somewhere local to the campus at Coventry.. A lot of the accommodation is now fully booked. I've found a lovely place for £525 that is a studio flat but I'm having difficulty with student finance for the first time in 3 years! So not sure if I will be able to afford it (as I do not know how much I am entitled to) or what is even appropriate pricing for rent.

To be honest after trying to sort out uni for over two months now it is starting to really stress me and get me down.. In long and short I accepted a place at Greenwich Uni and then found a more appropriate course at Coventry University College- that caused loads of difficulties with UCAS and student finance then had complications. Now I am waiting for my dads accountant to send proof of earnings which once SFE finally receive the proof will take about 11/12 working days to process- I am hoping that will be sufficient!

Sorry for the headache! I am just venting I suppose- sorry!

Thanks for the help!
    From what I've seen, a lot of the studio flats are around 450-550 if they're local to the university, and then some are a bit cheaper if you go further out! I'd suggest contacting the college if you're struggling, as they might be able to recommend some places!

I've had success with rightmove too, and they have a student section, so it might be worth a look over if you've not tried there already.

ReputationRep:

Any suggestions please!?

Ceyda

Hi, I have a room but it's in a 3 bed house, its £455 a month including every bill. although it is not a ensuite there are two bathrooms between the 3. it is very close to the campus, about 5/7 min walk.
    Let me know if you're interested

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.