Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Poll: Are you a dancer? watch

ReputationRep:
    Are you a dancer and what style of dance?Ballroom and Latin dancing for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdiorxx)
    Are you a dancer and what style of dance?Ballroom and Latin dancing for me.
    Finally found a fellow dancer

Ive been breakdancing for close to a year :007: How long have you been dancing?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could dance.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I trained in classical ballet for eight and a half years; first at a local dancing school for 3 years in Manchester, then for 3 years at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester . Then from age 16 as a full time student at the Urdang Academy of Ballet and Performing Arts in Covent Garden, London. I became a Professional Dancer when I auditioned at Pineapple Dance Studios [more or less next to my old Ballet School] for a contract as a dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris. I danced there for a year. Also in Japan for three years, and 6 months in Hong Kong. I also danced in Manila, Athens and London, and did some great television work, thanks to my Equity Card. Now, not only can I no longer dance the Can Can but I can't even bend down to touch my bloody toes.!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, at first I thought the title was a joke at pole dancers but then I realised that this is just an actual poll lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Finally found a fellow dancer

Ive been breakdancing for close to a year :007: How long have you been dancing?
    I've been dancing since I was four (I am sixteen now) but I had started with ballet (which is great for all forms of dancing). I left ballet 2 two years ago as my company had closed down but I started ballroom and latin when I was ten. And soon, I will be entered into competitions with my dance partner! Which is going to be amazing because I hope to compete internationally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Hello. I trained in classical ballet for eight and a half years; first at a local dancing school for 3 years in Manchester, then for 3 years at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester . Then from age 16 as a full time student at the Urdang Academy of Ballet and Performing Arts in Covent Garden, London. I became a Professional Dancer when I auditioned at Pineapple Dance Studios [more or less next to my old Ballet School] for a contract as a dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris. I danced there for a year. Also in Japan for three years, and 6 months in Hong Kong. I also danced in Manila, Athens and London, and did some great television work, thanks to my Equity Card. Now, not only can I no longer dance the Can Can but I can't even bend down to touch my bloody toes.!!!!
    That was so lovely to read! I had been dancing ballet since I was 4 but I had to leave two years ago because my ballet company was closing down. I've always wanted to dance for the Moulin Rouge. Would you like to give any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I wish I could dance.
    Everyone can, it just takes practice, and if you enjoy it, its no longer practice, just a hobby. Any specific styles that you are interested in?

ReputationRep:
    yes i am a dancerrrrrrrr. my style is basically a mixture of hip hop, urban feel, robotic and slow motion. (still working on giving my style a name) :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdiorxx)
    That was so lovely to read! I had been dancing ballet since I was 4 but I had to leave two years ago because my ballet company was closing down. I've always wanted to dance for the Moulin Rouge. Would you like to give any advice?
    Well if you go on their website, www.moulinrouge.fr which is in both French and English there is a section about becoming a dancer there. Auditions in the UK are always held at Pineapple and used to be twice a year. The dates of the auditions are always advertised in the weekly newspaper The Stage,which I think still comes out on a Thursday. Strong Classical Ballet training and probably Jazz and Contemporary Dance are required. Oh and for girls you have to be at least 5 ft 9 inches tall. Back in my day we needed to be at least 5 ft 7 IN so I got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Everyone can, it just takes practice, and if you enjoy it, its no longer practice, just a hobby. Any specific styles that you are interested in?
    I don't really know much about dancing, to be honest. Just a few moves I can use at a club/party and a few for formal occasions, haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I used to do ballet but then it clashed with Tennis coaching and I preferred that so..
    Bye bye ballet
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I just realised... Where be this poll you speak of? :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I do tap

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.