Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a policy with a box installed to measure speeding. I've driven 30 in a 20 3 times now and my insurance is getting cancelled. I've ticked the has your insurance ever been cancelled box and premiums are 3k, more than double what I'm paying now. Is there any way for insururers to check if I've had a cancelled policy before?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envee)
    I have a policy with a box installed to measure speeding. I've driven 30 in a 20 3 times now and my insurance is getting cancelled. I've ticked the has your insurance ever been cancelled box and premiums are 3k, more than double what I'm paying now. Is there any way for insururers to check if I've had a cancelled policy before?*
    Yes, insurers can easily find out if you have had insurance cancelled before. They can and they do find out. And if they do find out, they can cancel your insurance again, refuse to pay out in the event of an accident etc etc. Its just not worth it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Insurers have a shared database for claims and cancellations. A word to the wise, lying to an insurer is fraud, and will likely give you a CIFAS flag on your credit file, making it virtually impossible to get credit again for a long long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envee)
    Hi! Which insurance company has quoted £3000? I'm getting quotes of £8000!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Envee)
    Yup, the insurers contact agencies which'll have a record of this cancellation. No running away from insurers.

It's a serious criminal offence to lie to insurers, and as pointed out above, is insurance fraud.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.