Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I want to do English language and linguistics for 2017 entry. Essex university has my dream course and it looks good, but is the university good for this subject? What's the campus like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemix012)
    Hi,

I want to do English language and linguistics for 2017 entry. Essex university has my dream course and it looks good, but is the university good for this subject? What's the campus like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I'm a current undergraduate student at the University of Essex! The University is one of the best in the UK, regularly appearing at the top end of league tables and student survey results. For example, we have been consistently ranked in the top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction!

Your chosen subject of English language and linguistics is good at the University of Essex. The department is ranked within the top 10 in the UK and within the top 150 in the world. There's also loads of research opportunities to work with your lecturers on projects (who are world class in their field).

The Colchester Campus in my opinion is brilliant! It has such a great community feel to it. You can rarely move from one building to the next without bumping into someone you know and starting a conversation with them. It has all the facilities you need and is home to loads of cool sports clubs and societies. Don't just take my word for it though; attend an open day and see it for yourself!

I hope this answered your question, if not please feel free to ask and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can! Good luck with your application

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.