Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student finance back in March/April and as I had spent over two years travelling I was asked to send evidence of my residency in the form of photocopies from my passport stamps and my working holiday visas. I sent these off in mid april and I assumed that as I hadnt heard from SFE everything had gone through. I called SFE a few weeks ago to check the progress of my application and they initially said that they had only recieved evidence to cover 3 months of my time abroad after I assured them that I had sent the full evidence as requested they then said they would have to pass it onto someone else to look through. I called them back a few days later and I was very shocked to hear that my application had been accidentally cancelled and they told me they would reinstate it and to call back on the 30th aug to check. I called yesterday and was told it still hadnt been reinstated and to check at the end of the day. I am now on holiday for a week and cant afford to call from abroad. I need to know that I will still get paid on time as a mature student I am relying on this loan.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.