Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I recently got my AS level results back and I got BBBC and I am dropping the C grade subject (philosophy). After visiting universities I have decided my favourites are Nottingham and Sheffield.

I want to study Sociology and Criminology and at Nottingham Uni the requirements are ABB and at Sheffield they are BBB.

Considering my results do you reckon I will get offers from both of those universities? This year my results don't actually count as I am part of the new syllabus.

I know it is hard to predict but I am just curious and wondering based on university students offers from their AS results and their experiences.

Many thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by undergrad2k17)
    Hey all,

I recently got my AS level results back and I got BBBC and I am dropping the C grade subject (philosophy). After visiting universities I have decided my favourites are Nottingham and Sheffield.

I want to study Sociology and Criminology and at Nottingham Uni the requirements are ABB and at Sheffield they are BBB.

Considering my results do you reckon I will get offers from both of those universities? This year my results don't actually count as I am part of the new syllabus.

I know it is hard to predict but I am just curious and wondering based on university students offers from their AS results and their experiences.

Many thanks!
    With some luck you may be predicted ABB based on those grades, and you achieved BBB(C) so.. I don't see why not for both.

Maths isn't a great example because of how an A* is calculated, but for example I got 88% or so for AS, was predicted an A* (that's why it's a bad example, because 90% isn't technically the next grade up...) but got an offer of A*AA, one of the A's being an A-level that I had picked up the AS and A2 for in Year 13. Not the greatest example but there you go

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.