The Student Room Group
Reply 1
LVI = Lower Sixth *such fond memories*
Erm, I dunno. I hope I don't do such confusing things when I work at Kwiksave. Not that many people will be spending over £50 there but still.
Reply 2
pikaboo
LVI = Lower Sixth *such fond memories*
Erm, I dunno. I hope I don't do such confusing things when I work at Kwiksave. Not that many people will be spending over £50 there but still.

Good luck with Kwiksave :smile:

This sounds silly but when they said training I thought they meant on a till which was not on the live system. Some of the people who train you are very bad for example there was this old dragon who made cash back seem impossible. I asked someone else and I got it straight away first time. Another annoying thing is that every so often the till says "Length of Queue..... count the number of baskets/trolleys." Every member of staff counts the till length differently, a lady who has been there for 5 years counts the people excluding the one being currently served. Another says you don't count the one being served or two people behind, count after that.

Maybe because I work on a Saturday I get the big spenders, most of them seem to spend over £50.00.

My shift is from 2.30 - 9.30, at about 8.30 there are less customers YES :smile: Do you find that it gets really boring?
Reply 3
My shift is from 2.30 - 9.30, at about 8.30 there are less customers YES :smile: Do you find that it gets really boring?

There the best bits when its boring
Hate it being busy, means i cant skive
lol
Reply 4
stuart_dcot

There the best bits when its boring
Hate it being busy, means i cant skive
lol

Lol Yes I do prefer it when there are less customers. Sometimes it becomes really annoying having to serve customers as it is so boring, hand me the anti depressants :smile:

Do you work for Tesco?

On my first day there was the ethnic women and she could tell I was a trainee and she had items with no prices on accept the reduced price and nobody had told me about the "reduced item button." So I pressed it just guessing really and then it asked for a barcode. I then had to call the person in the next till to explain about the department button. Do you find it really annoying when they stick reduced labels over barcodes so when you peel back the sticker no matter how careful you are the barcode rips so you can't key it in.
Reply 5
supreme
Lol Yes I do prefer it when there are less customers. Sometimes it becomes really annoying having to serve customers as it is so boring, hand me the anti depressants :smile:

Do you work for Tesco?

On my first day there was the ethnic women and she could tell I was a trainee and she had items with no prices on accept the reduced price and nobody had told me about the "reduced item button." So I pressed it just guessing really and then it asked for a barcode. I then had to call the person in the next till to explain about the department button. Do you find it really annoying when they stick reduced labels over barcodes so when you peel back the sticker no matter how careful you are the barcode rips so you can't key it in.

Nah i work for Asda !

Customers get right on my nerves feel like telling them to **** off.
On my first day i forgot to give cashback to about 10 people LOL.
The reduced barcodes r cr*p here they never scan so we have to put them on a department which takes forever if your hungover lol.
Reply 6
stuart_dcot
Nah i work for Asda !

Customers get right on my nerves feel like telling them to **** off.
On my first day i forgot to give cashback to about 10 people LOL.
The reduced barcodes r cr*p here they never scan so we have to put them on a department which takes forever if your hungover lol.

I would refuse to work for Asda :smile: No offence but the uniform makes you look like a fluorescent lollipop and that hat :eek: :eek:

On my first day I did not know how to do cash back so I didn't offer it. Trust this b**** b***** to ask for it!

Bag packing is really annoying because you have to offer the customer help to pack their shopping and mostly they accept your offer of assistance, then the queue gets longer and the other customers have to wait and start bl**** moaning. I don't mind if it is an elderly frail customer then that is fair enough. All supermarkets want us to be as fast as possable so why can't they employ separate people to do bag packing (the Tesco store where I work is too small). What drives me crazy is that you pack their shopping then they complain, they should have done it themselves!

Does it drive you insane the fact that you hit the button for assistance, the light comes on and nobody comes over to you, even when it is your first day!

I hate it when you have a loose item which you never heard of and you have to look through the PLU list especially when you're not sure what the item is called, there are so many different types of stuff, then you ask the air head customer and they haven't a clue what they have picked up off the shelf. The labels on the Tesco tills have mostly fallen off as well.

I am only being payed for 6.5 hours (30 minutes break) so by rights I should finish at 9.30pm but instead I have to do extra work, empyting the bins, restocking the tills bag supplies. Then I have to wait for permission to go home. Apparently one time they had to wait an hour and 45 minutes of that time was standing around doing nothing.

PS: If they annoy me I go really slow and tell them it is my first day. I think I should have a notice on my till "Pi** off Go to the Till Behind."
Reply 7
supreme
I would refuse to work for Asda :smile: No offence but the uniform makes you look like a fluorescent lollipop and that hat :eek: :eek:

On my first day I did not know how to do cash back so I didn't offer it. Trust this b**** b***** to ask for it!

Bag packing is really annoying because you have to offer the customer help to pack their shopping and mostly they accept your offer of assistance, then the queue gets longer and the other customers have to wait and start bl**** moaning. I don't mind if it is an elderly frail customer then that is fair enough. All supermarkets want us to be as fast as possable so why can't they employ separate people to do bag packing (the Tesco store where I work is too small). What drives me crazy is that you pack their shopping then they complain, they should have done it themselves!

Does it drive you insane the fact that you hit the button for assistance, the light comes on and nobody comes over to you, even when it is your first day!

I hate it when you have a loose item which you never heard of and you have to look through the PLU list especially when you're not sure what the item is called, there are so many different types of stuff, then you ask the air head customer and they haven't a clue what they have picked up off the shelf. The labels on the Tesco tills have mostly fallen off as well.

I am only being payed for 6.5 hours (30 minutes break) so by rights I should finish at 9.30pm but instead I have to do extra work, empyting the bins, restocking the tills bag supplies. Then I have to wait for permission to go home. Apparently one time they had to wait an hour and 45 minutes of that time was standing around doing nothing.

PS: If they annoy me I go really slow and tell them it is my first day. I think I should have a notice on my till "Pi** off Go to the Till Behind."

Yer the Asda uniforms r pretty cr*p like but ya get used to them !

I hate bag packing i only offer people it with a big trolley load and they usually say "no ill be ok" so i dont complain but you always get one who says yes and they stand and watch you pack everything.

Whenever i press the assistance button a runner comes straight away so aint got a problem there.

You will get to know all the PLU codes in time i pretty much know them all now :biggrin:

You shoud not have to do extra work you are paid to operate the tills, its the porters job to refill the carriers etc.

I just go slow anyway lol, ive had loads of complaints about me being to slow etc, sometimes i just say "sorry im closed" and pretend im dropping the till LOL.

P.S it propa gets on me nerves when im out on a friday/saturday night and people come up to you and say "you work in asda dont you"
Reply 8
supreme
Do you find it really annoying when they stick reduced labels over barcodes so when you peel back the sticker no matter how careful you are the barcode rips so you can't key it in.

Yes! I've only just started working at a supermarket, and I've already had that...and the person supervising me was very blunt "well, you shouldnt have pulled the barcode off! now you're gonna have to type it in!"

Bleh. I still don't know all the codes for the different cards, but they expect me to know them with an hours worth of training!

What really gets me is receipts, when you get about 4 of them, and you need to know which to put back in the till - and having to check the card number matches the receipt!

Sorry to rant
Reply 9
LS.
Yes! I've only just started working at a supermarket, and I've already had that...and the person supervising me was very blunt "well, you shouldnt have pulled the barcode off! now you're gonna have to type it in!"

Bleh. I still don't know all the codes for the different cards, but they expect me to know them with an hours worth of training!

What really gets me is receipts, when you get about 4 of them, and you need to know which to put back in the till - and having to check the card number matches the receipt!

Sorry to rant

Lol I know working on the tills becomes really frustrating. I was ranting to :smile:
It sounds as though you have got somebody who is unhelpful supervising you?
Reply 10
stuart_dcot
Yer the Asda uniforms r pretty cr*p like but ya get used to them !

I hate bag packing i only offer people it with a big trolley load and they usually say "no ill be ok" so i dont complain but you always get one who says yes and they stand and watch you pack everything.

Whenever i press the assistance button a runner comes straight away so aint got a problem there.

You will get to know all the PLU codes in time i pretty much know them all now :biggrin:

You shoud not have to do extra work you are paid to operate the tills, its the porters job to refill the carriers etc.

I just go slow anyway lol, ive had loads of complaints about me being to slow etc, sometimes i just say "sorry im closed" and pretend im dropping the till LOL.

P.S it propa gets on me nerves when im out on a friday/saturday night and people come up to you and say "you work in asda dont you"

I seem to get the people who once you offer they always except. I guess you are more lucky than I.

In fairness I did press the button for assistance when it was about 8.30pm and the store closes at 9.00pm (on saturdays). Also the first time when I was on my own they gave me till which was about 6 tills away from everyone else.

As I am new I receive instructions about what to do when the store closes from this lady who has been there for years but is not actually senior in job position. Although I did what I was told, putting the bags on the racks, the others where getting really cross and moaning about her (behind her back) and wasn't doing anything. This lady is exceptionally bossy.

I suppose I haven't been working in Tesco for long enough for people to recognise me in clubs yet although in the shop the customers refer to me by name. It is not as though I am friends with them and some of the customers are creepy/abnormal.
Reply 11
I work for Tesco, but I'm not till trained. I just put the food out. :smile: I have been shown what to do before, but it was explained in about 10 minutes. I think there's a possibility that 'LV1MyInitials' is exclusive to your store. Maybe your manager invented it as a way of making something easier.
supreme
I seem to get the people who once you offer they always except. I guess you are more lucky than I.

In fairness I did press the button for assistance when it was about 8.30pm and the store closes at 9.00pm (on saturdays). Also the first time when I was on my own they gave me till which was about 6 tills away from everyone else.

As I am new I receive instructions about what to do when the store closes from this lady who has been there for years but is not actually senior in job position. Although I did what I was told, putting the bags on the racks, the others where getting really cross and moaning about her (behind her back) and wasn't doing anything. This lady is exceptionally bossy.

I suppose I haven't been working in Tesco for long enough for people to recognise me in clubs yet although in the shop the customers refer to me by name. It is not as though I am friends with them and some of the customers are creepy/abnormal.

Yer, i dont like customers calling me by my first name, proper gets on me nerves.

Latest

Trending

Trending