Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Any tips? >.<
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You will find it a big help if you write it down and split it up into its constutuent parts. That will help you see the argument and the options.

ooops I see its medicine, but it should work the same.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Writing the passage down will be a waste of time though...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Writing the passage down will be a waste of time though...
    Ok. I find it useful in my profession, guess Drs dont reason in the same way.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The thing is we had 22 minutes to go through like 11 passages, 4 questions per passage, I try reading quickly but nothing goes in >.<
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    They're talking about the verbal reasoning section of an admissions test.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    They're talking about the verbal reasoning section of an admissions test.
    So I would practice and as part of understanding complicated bits of verbal reasoning I make notes to understand arguments.

Practice increases speed. Obviously medicine may differ, but GMAT has verbal reasoning in and you can practice those.

Anyway thats my tip just practice doing them in a timed situation.
    If nothing is going in then strat by doingh them untimed till you get the snawers right and then graduallt reduce the time as you go along.

Read the questions first so you cna be looking for the answers as you are reading.

Are these specific medical texts/passages?

Having had a look there are plenty of revision books.

ReputationRep:
    Read newspapers. Get used to reading articles of text. Taking in the information whilst reading it quickly. Skim reading the articles and still taking in important points.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.