Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for a loan with LSBU for a full time International Planning MA which is listed at www.lsbu.ac.uk as a 13 month course. Online, the application would only let me apply for £5,000 months 1-12 then in month 13 receive the remaining £5,000. I rang up to check that this was a mistake but was told that it was correct as technically the extra month would make it a 2 year course. I was told that 2 year courses had the payments spread across both years whereas courses that last a year have the payment just in that year. I've checked the government literature and it states that the total amount of £10,000 are available for courses lasting 1 ACADEMIC YEAR, rather than calendar year.
    This makes no sense since I'd £5,000 in month 13 when I'll most likely be looking at jobs. It could effect whether or not I'm able to afford my studies if I don't receive it in distributions equal to my course length.

Please advise how to sort this out.
    Thanks
    Rosie
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

This sounds like a Postgraduate loan which are not handled by SFE.

You should contact the Ppostgraduate loans team on 0300 100 0031.

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.