The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Glowsticks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh and try lighting one up its fun
cobra01977
Should i buy some, are they really as fun as they look?

Tacky as hell
Reply 22
btw if you put them in a freezer they stay bright, when I went camoing I put them in there every day then used the same one at night in the parties for a week
Reply 23
historyhoney
btw if you put them in a freezer they stay bright, when I went camoing I put them in there every day then used the same one at night in the parties for a week

Thats very cool, it must quench the reaction :confused:
Reply 24
I'm guessing neon has a low freezing pointof say -17ish so when the two are frozen trhe reaction cant take place because there is no energy?
Reply 25
historyhoney
I'm guessing neon has a low freezing pointof say -17ish so when the two are frozen trhe reaction cant take place because there is no energy?

I don think they have neon in them, it has a freezing point of -246 c! If anyone is interested i found this http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa040902a.htm
Get one if you want to look like you're constantly on the way to a Westlife concert.
Reply 27
Hayley...
Get one if you want to look like you're constantly on the way to a Westlife concert.

This might seem strange but i dislike westlife and quite like the libertines!
cobra01977
This might seem strange but i dislike westlife and quite like the libertines!

Doesn't seem strange at all. I'm quite confused. Why would it?
Reply 29
Hayley...
Doesn't seem strange at all. I'm quite confused. Why would it?

Well if you assumed me to be a westlife follower, or like one at least, i find it hard to think of many people who are fans of both
cobra01977
Well if you assumed me to be a westlife follower, or like one at least, i find it hard to think of many people who are fans of both

Oh, I wasn't saying that. It's just that glowsticks seem to be thing 12 year olds spend too much money on outside Wembley Arena hoping it'll mean Kian will see them and want to marry them. I tend not to associate them with clubbing anymore.
Reply 31
Hayley...
Oh, I wasn't saying that. It's just that glowsticks seem to be thing 12 year olds spend too much money on outside Wembley Arena hoping it'll mean Kian will see them and want to marry them. I tend not to associate them with clubbing anymore.

Maybe there is still a little of the deprived 12 year old in me :biggrin:
We had glowsticks when we went clubbing during the Durham Open Day experience. They were great.
cobra01977
Maybe there is still a little of the deprived 12 year old in me :biggrin:

Deprived? They whine until Mummy buys them said glowstick, then ignore her when they're in the venue (If Kian sees her with a sadact like Mum he'll never want to marry her. Ghhhhod...)
Reply 34
Hayley...
Deprived? They whine until Mummy buys them said glowstick, then ignore her when they're in the venue (If Kian sees her with a sadact like Mum he'll never want to marry her. Ghhhhod...)

I ment never having experianced glowsticks, not deprived in the sense that they dont get anything
cobra01977
I ment never having experianced glowsticks, not deprived in the sense that they dont get anything

Ohright.

Yeah, that makes sense. I do apologise. :smile:
Reply 36
cobra01977
I don think they have neon in them, it has a freezing point of -246 c! If anyone is interested i found this http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa040902a.htm

I'm guessing I've failed GCSE chemistry :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending