My boyfriend masturbates over beautiful, famous women; I feel inadequate. Watch

This discussion is closed.
hehe_88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My boyfriend and I are both 17. He has confessed to me that before we got together he would masturbate over pictures of absolutely stunning women like Cameron Diaz or Scarlett Johannsen etc. When I found this out I felt like crying, and now feel permanently insecure and paranoid that I'm not attractive enough for him. These women are people that I could never compete with, especially as I'm not that good looking myself. I know that he loves me and we have an emotional connection, but I'm worried that he would rather be with some prettier physically. Please help, this is really getting me down.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't take it personally. He doesn't expect you to compete with them - it's just something most people do, and it's no reflection on you. He wouldn't be going out with you if he thought like that.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
MOST guys do. You just have to get used to it. I used to be quite insecure about things like that but I've got over it.

These are just fantasies. Those women are made to be sex objects, pretty much. They're airbrushed and have stylists who follow them around. Do you? Of course not. However, you're a REAL girl and he loves you - for your looks, personality, everything. Of course you're attractive enough for him - if you weren't, then he wouldn't be with you.

I'm sure you think some famous actors or models are absolutely gorgeous, but that doesn't mean your boyfriend is any less attractive in your eyes.
Carrie1
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Many people are attracted to people who are physically beautiful. However, he will never expect or I suspect want to be with someone like that. It's a normal phase; everyone wants to look at beautiful people don't they? But he wants you, for reasons that far surpass what he would feel for someone on just a skin deep level. Hope that helps
Nudlz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
its just fasinaction with admirable people, dont take it to heart
geordiebabehh #1
Report 11 years ago
you have mail xxxx
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hehe_88)
before we got together
This is the key bit, surely?
Your thread title is misleading as it implies that he still does this when you clearly say it was something that he USED to do. If he was thinking about these famous women all the time and w*****g off over them every night and having loads of pics of them in his room and none of you, then you may have cause for concern.
As it is, I think you should get over it. He's with you for a reason (hopefully several reasons!).
lodzinski
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
everyone does it - its a fantasy, nothing more, and with a society that objectifies celebrities so much, you can hardly blame him - there's nothing wrong with a little window shopping ,as long as he's loyal to you - its not like he's going to run off with one of these women is it?
hehe_88
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I can't bear the thought of him having these "fantasies" - why am I not good enough?
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Funnily enough, we're not your boyfriend, so why don't you ask him rather than us?

And would you make your mind up? In your original post you say he USED to do it, in the subject line and now in your most recent post you're acting like he still does. So which is it?
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You ARE good enough. Seriously, you're just gonna have to get over this. Most guys masturbate over models/actresses - and plenty of girls do too, by the way. Guys tend to be a lot more visual than girls though, most the guys I know prefer to actually have videos or images rather than using their imagination, haha.
Nudlz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
he prob has these fantasy over women he does not care for, he prob cant do it over you ( not that im saying hes a dirty git or anyhting ) because he thinks to much of you to do that
D-503
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol I like Angelil's post. Correct me OP, but I assumed you meant that he told you about it before you got together, and he did it then and has continued to do so since you started going out. But really, no big deal, most guys do this.
Nudlz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
glad you approve
lodzinski
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If something is unattainable, you want it - it is a fact of life that you want what you can't have, and that the grass is always greener on the other side - its not a case of "these girls are so much hotter than my girlfried" but "what would it be like to get intimate with cameron diaz (or whoever)" There are no feelings involved, just a visual stimulus to get him off.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sure he'd rather be with them but he never can so you have nothing to worry about.
Nudlz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Sure he'd rather be with them but he never can so you have nothing to worry about.
i doubt he wants to be with them its just fantasy about ultimate "babes" that doesnt mean he choose them
GTi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hehe_88)
I can't bear the thought of him having these "fantasies" - why am I not good enough?
don't you find any male celebs attractive? i think your being unfair.
Music_Enthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does he call out their names while you have sex?
Toiletpaper8
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would imagine most people have these 'fantasies', the fact that he confessed them to you must show he does put a lot of trust in you at any rate, otherwise you wouldn't know about it anyway lol. I'm sure you find some guys more attractive than him, although it doesn't have to mean you masturbate over them :/
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (75)
29.41%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.65%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed