Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else thinking to take their PC's to their flat? Im still in the process of thinking to take mine but ill probs end up taking anyway along with my laptop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Muss963)
    Is anyone else thinking to take their PC's to their flat? Im still in the process of thinking to take mine but ill probs end up taking anyway along with my laptop.
    Alot of people bring their pc to their flats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im bringing both my desktop and laptop to the halls

ReputationRep:
    In my first year I brought my PC, Laptop and phone and intend to again. I did a lot of gaming on my PC but it came in incredibly handy for heavy duty rendering an designing. My laptop was more of a versatile solution I could bring to and from lectures to take notes, research etc, and any harder work got done on the PC.

ReputationRep:
    sadly to save time and space, and to not break my PC, im gonna leave it at home, for my family to use. planning on taking a good laptop and netbook to uni and ordering a new pre-built or building my own PC once i get to uni. It would be my first build that wasnt built with spare or reclaimed parts/ practice builds. ( Im still pretty sure im too green to build a decent pc)
    My current gaming PC is 3-4 year old and can just about play modern games, so i wouldnt mind getting a new one.

Don't really game that much, to justify an expensive gaming pc or gaming pc at all. But pre-built gaming pc specs blow their brand tower PC out of the water, so even if i dont game, a gaming pc would be much better value for money

ReputationRep:
    bringing my desktop for heavy use and any work at home

bought a tablet for use for notetaking and on-the-go browsing etc

laptop's being donated to my mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muss963)
    I'm taking my PS4 and 42 inch TV if that helps...

Kolia

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna wait a month before I bring my pc down and just use my laptop when I get there, although it is awful and can't run games but I want to adjust to uni life/meet people first before I bring my pc down. My only concern is the desks in the halls aren't big enough for my setup!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.