Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm starting college on monday and, i have to go into a room and sit down UTTERLY ALONE; no one i know starts on monday. and me having anxiety does not help at all. and that's not even my class- that's just the start of the day. i then have no idea what will happen after. and i'm tERRIFIED. advice??????

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to sit alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    Why do you have to sit alone?
    cause i won't know anyone that starts the same day as me or anyone in my class

ReputationRep:
    Dude, everybody starts college/uni alone not knowing anybody on their course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untrue)
    Dude, everybody starts college/uni alone not knowing anybody on their course...
    no like the people in my friend group at least have one course in common but i don't. so i won't have a friend with me there

ReputationRep:
    Trust me... Most courses begin with no one knowing each other.

Just get really drunk before you go and everything will be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Its really not that big a deal. You will make friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8bitrad)
    no like the people in my friend group at least have ouqne course in common but i don't. so i won't have a friend with me there
    Oh, sweetie, that's really daunting for you. Try and see it as a new beginning and that means learning new things and making new friends. The first week is always difficult. Don't worry. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Oh, sweetie, that's really daunting for you. Try and see it as a new beginning and that means learning new things and making new friends. The first week is always difficult. Don't worry. X
    i'll try if my anxiety doesn't beat me to it first. thanks though

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about it. There will be plenty in the same position as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8bitrad)
    i'll try if my anxiety doesn't beat me to it first. thanks thogh
    Im 68 and have really bad panic attacks. I left school in 1963 when I was 15. Last year, went back to uni and most of the young people were the ages of some of my grandchildren.
    Once you've taken the first step, you will be just fine. chin up and take a deep breath.

S

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.