Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I sat my GCSE exams last year 2015, and I manged to pass maths but I am now wanting to resit maths again to get a higher grade by hopefully sitting the November paper.
    I was wondering if anyone knows the topics that will be in this paper as I am unsure as to if whether or not the spec changed or if the topics in paper 1 and 2 is different.
    p.s my exam board last year was edexcel Hier tier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jokonkwo)
    Hi, I sat my GCSE exams last year 2015, and I manged to pass maths but I am now wanting to resit maths again to get a higher grade by hopefully sitting the November paper.
    I was wondering if anyone knows the topics that will be in this paper as I am unsure as to if whether or not the spec changed or if the topics in paper 1 and 2 is different.
    The spec will not change in November, however if you retake after November, it will be different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    The spec will not change in November, however if you retake after November, it will be different.
    Ah okay and is it true that they will include topics from C1 (AS maths)

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay and is it true that they will include topics from C1 (AS maths)
    From June 2017, some extra harder things will be added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    From June 2017, some extra harder things will be added.
    Oh i see, do you happen to have a link where it'll provide me with the list of topics for paper 1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    You can retake in November 2016 or in summer 2017 and the specification will be unchanged from the exams you took in 2015.
    If you wait until the summer be very careful to specify that you want to take the old specification and not the new one as BOTH are available. I don't know how many centres will offer it in the summer so aim for November if you can.
    Any revision website e.g. mathsgenie will have all of the topics you need to revise. Almost any topic can be on either paper, only a few topics absolutely require a calculator if the numbers are easy enough to work with.
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/oldgcse.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    You can retake in November 2016 or in summer 2017 and the specification will be unchanged from the exams you took in 2015.
    If you wait until the summer be very careful to specify that you want to take the old specification and not the new one as BOTH are available. I don't know how many centres will offer it in the summer so aim for November if you can.
    Any revision website e.g. mathsgenie will have all of the topics you need to revise. Almost any topic can be on either paper, only a few topics absolutely require a calculator if the numbers are easy enough to work with.
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/oldgcse.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much !!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you are able to sit the November 2016 exam without having sat the June 2016 exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    I don't think you are able to sit the November 2016 exam without having sat the June 2016 exam.
    Yes you can.
    Edexcel make the rules for resits clear here
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-questions.pdf
    AQA and OCR follow the same Ofqual rules for exams in England.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.