Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm thinking about my personal statement and thinking to apply for a science foundation degree then progress into pharmacy
    what would be essential to add in this personal statement... the reason for applying for the foundation year or why pharmacy?

    can anyone give me some kind of structure that would help?

    Thankyou!
    • PS Reviewer
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by goal101)
    Hi, i'm thinking about my personal statement and thinking to apply for a science foundation degree then progress into pharmacy
    what would be essential to add in this personal statement... the reason for applying for the foundation year or why pharmacy?

    can anyone give me some kind of structure that would help?

    Thankyou!
    You don't need to explain why you're applying for a foundation degree. The reason for that is already obvious - you don't quite fit the requirements for the standard degree.

    You need to discuss why you want to study pharmacy. Ideally, 80% of the statement should be focused around the subject, and anything like work experience that is relevant. The other 20% can then be focused on things that aren't quite so relevant, like extra-curricular activities. You might find this is helpful.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.