The Student Room Group

First Job...HELP

So I just got my first job at the local baguette shop and I will make my contract soon, I'm 16, what should I expect to be paid? I'm going to be working Saturday's 8:30-3 and during the holidays, I'm just hoping I can get enough money to go on a gap year travelling in two years??
6 quid
Reply 2
Around £5.30 is what I got when I was 16 but check what minimum wage is for your age- they cant pay you anything below that

Posted from TSR Mobile
minimum wage is £3.87 so you may earn that... you may also earn over that, some places like the pay everyone the same so you could earn the same as 18 year olds, others don't want to pay minimum wage so may pay you £4.00 or something just over it... you'll just have to see what they offer you

in two years you can earn a decent amount though, I mean if you do 7 hours a week for 104 weeks at £4 that's nearly £3000, that's not gonna be enough to take a whole year out travelling but it could do you a decent trip or you could get a full time job for a few months after college before you go to top you up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending