The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

shady lane
Ahh, but if I marry a white British man and our kids are mixed-race and born in Britain, my kids would still be second-class citizens due to their skin color if the BNP had its way. Ridiculous. You have to realize that this is nothing but racism. I believe something I read from the BNP said it feels sorry for mixed-race kids because they are the innocent victims of multiculturalism. Disgusting.

i have no idea why i find this funny lol sorry kids you were born into it...NOW GET OUT!!! lol
cottonmouth
Just read your profile out of interest. Number one, are you so bitter because of how ugly you are?

My God, you couldn't make this **** up. The sanctimonious, overly-politically-correct 'cottonmouth' shows his true colours, at long last.

Just goes to illustrate my point, perfectly: political correctness is nothing but a fashion statement, in most cases; the fight against certain types of discrimination, but not others.

Call someone 'Paki', and it's wrong. Call someone 'nigger', and it's wrong. But call someone 'ugly', and, hey, that's alright.

Will the idiots ever see the irony?
Reply 242
Poica
Gun crime is a problem, but not a massive one. Asian terrorist teenagers is not a widespread problem.
And I picked out white kids, because I've never had any personal problem with any others. Have you?

Well since you live in York I'm suprised you havn't.
Reply 243
dyslexic_banana
My God, you couldn't make this **** up. The sanctimonious, overly-politically-correct 'cottonmouth' shows his true colours, at long last.

Just goes to illustrate my point, perfectly: political correctness is nothing but a fashion statement, in most cases; the fight against certain types of discrimination, but not others.

Call someone 'Paki', and it's wrong. Call someone 'nigger', and it's wrong. But call someone 'ugly', and, hey, that's alright.

THANK YOU! I know I am ugly but, come on, if it's a place of such rationality, there is room for comments like that? I don't really think it's the place to be honest.
dyslexic_banana

ok thats enough can everyone who doesnt have a stupid point leave this discussion its annoying now. have you ever heard of the word connotation???
Okay, proper debate is actually impossible because it appears that this thread is being swallowed by the flame troll, although I must say this is a tetchy issue and saying the BNP isn't racist is just going against what about 99.9% of people think lol. I'm actually surprised this got to 13 pages!
Reply 246

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, being black isnt.
i have to admit this thread is dragging its heels slightly.
wish someone would lock it.
IguessIwin
i have no idea why i find this funny lol sorry kids you were born into it...NOW GET OUT!!! lol

Here it is:
Nick Griffin describes his views on race as follows: "... while the BNP is not racist, it must not become multi-racist either. Our fundamental determination to secure a future for white children is restated, and an area of uncertainty is addressed and a position which is both principled and politically realistic is firmly established.We don't hate anyone, especially the mixed race children who are the most tragic victims of enforced multi-racism, but that does not mean that we accept miscegenation as moral or normal. We do not and we never will."
Reply 249
So it's alright to 'connotate' that I'm ugly? You're being 'looksist'. I don't think it's actually possible to be perfectly politically correct in all situations because as soon as comments like that are made, it goes out of the window, wouldn't it have been more politically correct to say I was 'Aesthetically lacking?' o_O It works both ways.
Reply 250
D00
Well since you live in York I'm suprised you havn't.

Why's that? I've found York an oddly homogenously white place.

Incidentally, I go to University at York, I live in Telford.
dyslexic_banana

I've never called myself politically correct, EVER. That was you and your ilk.

Paki and nigger are both historically considered to be racist terminology, and thus cannot be compared to calling someone "ugly"- stop being silly now.
Reply 252
how they connect 'enforced multiculturalism' with the choice to marry someone white/black?
Reply 253
No, Cottonmouth, you're wrong, because both, those racist words, and being called ugly, are upsetting to the person involved, it's exactly the same, it upset me, the words said before are upsetting to people of those races.
Reply 254
I think this deserves a lock, it's impossible to have a debate about this issue since so many people are sensitive and spout the usual crap like 'BNP R NAZI'S!!1' and 'GRIFFIN = HITL3R'. Yeh, so a critic of multiculturalism, which is an ideology, is a nazi? Ok.
dyslexic_banana

Comments like 'nigger' are RACIST, that's the whole point. It's what white slave traders used to call black people and implies they're your slave and shouldn't be used at all, even by blacks!! Ugly ISN'T RACIST! There's a difference!
Consie
how they connect 'enforced multiculturalism' with the choice to marry someone white/black?

Beats me. The white guys who approach me and buy me drinks at bars haven't been forced to do anything :p:
Reply 257
dyslexic_banana

Look; ugly people tend not to get **** put through their letterbox for being ugly, whereas black people (and other racial minorities) sometimes do. Calling someone ugly doesn't bring up associations with systemic racism- there weren't, for example, years of uglypartheid in South Africa. In the US, ugly people weren't segregated from the rest of of the population- they didn't have their own ugly bars and ugly drinking fountains and ugly sporting leagues. The KKK never lynched ugly people. There aren't websites and hate groups, like Uglibat 18, throughout the world preaching attractive supremacy and that ugly shouldn't breed with non-uglies. You don't get people like Nick Griffin campaigning for all idiots to be repatriated back to Uglitopia.

When you call someone ugly, you're insulting something their appearance. Call someone a racial epithet, and it goes a bit deeper than that. Calling someone a "****ing ugly bastard" doesn't carry anywhere near the same weight than calling someone a "****ing nigger", or a "****ing paki", purely because there isn't a history of people being treated as second-class citizens because they're ugly. Fortunately for some.

That's why. Although you really, really should have been able to figure this out for yourself.
Sabriel
So it's alright to 'connotate' that I'm ugly? You're being 'looksist'. I don't think it's actually possible to be perfectly politically correct in all situations because as soon as comments like that are made, it goes out of the window, wouldn't it have been more politically correct to say I was 'Aesthetically lacking?' o_O It works both ways.

you got to be kidding me? 'looksist' this thread is getting really stupid now lock it please.
Reply 259
Poica
Why's that? I've found York an oddly homogenously white place.

Incidentally, I go to University at York, I live in Telford.

What do you mean 'oddly'? Do you want swarms of people from third-world countries coming to your place of study?

Latest