The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Poica
While I would have no problem with that, I mean oddly in the context of a multi-cultural society. In my hometown there is a far greater cultural mix (and the big problem in the town is still violent white youths).

You really do seem to have beef with white kids don't you? Hey, I think black kids are violent. Am I racist now?
Reply 281
No Cottonmouth, I don't need an apology, I offered to agree to disagree I don't know how many times, no one listened, infact you all sat there insulting the **** out of me. Cheers a million.
space_aura
this thread has no logic anymore.

i think we can discern we need a more structured way of discussing this.

Wishful thinking babe, I believe it's in the bible that you can't reason with ignorance..word is bond!
To all of those who are begging for the thread to be locked, you could simply stop posting?

But i agree. Enough banter. When someone on the opposite side of the debate can come at me with rational, well-thought-out arguments, i will return.
Consie
You realise if you stop calling the debate crap and do something to improve it, it will...... no longer be crap?

i think the debate has reached it's limit.
besides any new readers are sure to be put off 6 or 7 pages in my ridiculous arguing.

besides what point can anyone make to improve the debate.
lol since this debate is getting so immature that a 5 year old shouting match would show more intelligence ive decided to change this debate lol

ok what should be done to prevent wrong doers from entering our country and how can one seprate them from the economic migrants our country needs?
Although I do scarcely sympathise with Sabriel (Albeit reluctantly) I really don't think people should resort to personal insults. Though Sabriel, to be fair, I know you are merely expressing your opinion, but surely stating that ethnic caucasian Britons deserve social superiority over others is bound to piss people off, like myself.
Reply 287
D00
You really do seem to have beef with white kids don't you? Hey, I think black kids are violent. Am I racist now?

Well, you always were, but that's beside the point.
I have no particular beef with white kids. I myself am one. But I am trying to show you that your idea that all of Britain's problems can be blamed on other races is a fallacy. The white race is historically the most violent of them all, but that doesn't seem to bother you. There is no logical reasoning behind your dislike of other races, and that is what makes you racist.
Before this thread gets locked, i have a question for D00:

What is your opinion of me? My gt-grandmother was sent over here during ww2 on the kindertransport from Czechoslovakia. My gt-grandfather and the paternal side of my family have been here since the early 19th century, but we're Jewish. I'm English. But would you agree?

Furthermore: this is to Sabriel- you have no right not to be insulted. Get over it.
Reply 289
Thanks a bloody million Thud. -.-;
Sabriel
Iguessiwin, I still take offence, just because my 'suffering' is small compared to other people doesn't mean that I don't feel it, that's like saying because of that reason I am not allowed to be insulted by it? Well, I was.

Yes but your 'suffering' isn't derived from a racist comment or a hint at ethinic superiority which is frowned upon by society because that's what it is! When you call someone, say, a 'nigger', you're referring to centuries of arpatheid and what white slave masters used to refer to blacks, how is this in anyway comparable to being called 'Ugly' or 'Stupid'!? You can't discriminate someone because of their race, other discrimination is fine. I mean if I find someone like Paris Hilton stupid, and I said Paris Hilton is stupid, that's fine. But if i make some reference to her being white for instance, that would imply I hate all white people thus not being fine!!

Back on topic please guys?
Reply 291
I never said white people deserve superiority, will you bloody read the posts properly?! FFS I think people are trying to wind me up on purpose now!
Sabriel
I give up. I'm ugly, all races are equal, Cottonmouth is the ****ing hero of the forum and everyone is up his arse. The end. -.-;

There is hope for you yet. Salutations on the upcoming wedding.
Sabriel
Iguessiwin, I still take offence, just because my 'suffering' is small compared to other people doesn't mean that I don't feel it, that's like saying because of that reason I am not allowed to be insulted by it? Well, I was.

and might i just add in closing this stupid argument that whether your being insulted however wrong it is doesnt equate to the mass slaughter of ethnic minorities. Just like a 5 year old stealing a rubber isnt as bad as a serial murderer
Sabriel
THANK YOU! I know I am ugly but, come on, if it's a place of such rationality, there is room for comments like that? I don't really think it's the place to be honest.

You don't look ugly, to me, but, yeah, the point is that it's amazing how supposedly moralistic some folk are, but only up to a certain point (i.e. as far as it's fashionable to be).

IguessIwin
ok thats enough can everyone who doesnt have a stupid point leave this discussion its annoying now. have you ever heard of the word connotation???

So, calling someone 'ugly' carries no connotation?

Consie
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, being black isnt.

Not of much relevance.

cottonmouth
I've never called myself politically correct, EVER. That was you and your ilk.

Paki and nigger are both historically considered to be racist terminology, and thus cannot be compared to calling someone "ugly"- stop being silly now.

Trust me, you are; almost sickeningly so, in fact. What's your point? Calling someone 'ugly' isn't racist? No ****, Sherlock. It is a form of discrimination, though.

Sabriel
No, Cottonmouth, you're wrong, because both, those racist words, and being called ugly, are upsetting to the person involved, it's exactly the same, it upset me, the words said before are upsetting to people of those races.

Exactly my point.

Axiom

Look; ugly people tend not to get **** put through their letterbox for being ugly, whereas black people (and other racial minorities) sometimes do. Calling someone ugly doesn't bring up associations with systemic racism- there weren't, for example, years of uglypartheid in South Africa. In the US, ugly people weren't segregated from the rest of of the population- they didn't have their own ugly bars and ugly drinking fountains and ugly sporting leagues. The KKK never lynched ugly people. There aren't websites and hate groups, like Uglibat 18, throughout the world preaching attractive supremacy and that ugly shouldn't breed with non-uglies. You don't get people like Nick Griffin campaigning for all idiots to be repatriated back to Uglitopia.

When you call someone ugly, you're insulting something their appearance. Call someone a racial epithet, and it goes a bit deeper than that. Calling someone a "****ing ugly bastard" doesn't carry anywhere near the same weight than calling someone a "****ing nigger", or a "****ing paki", purely because there isn't a history of people being treated as second-class citizens because they're ugly. Fortunately for some.

That's why. Although you really, really should have been able to figure this out for yourself.

Rubbish. So, yeah, a minority of blacks may have **** put through their letterbox; it's hardly the point, as they are the tiny minority of black people. What about black guys who are far more attractive to women, than are white guys? I've known girls who pretty much exclusively date black guys. Are they discriminated against? Or black people who are imitated, and seen as 'cool'? For every one racist, there are about 50 passionate 'PC Brigade' members, or people who actually regard black people in very high a regard. Ugly people are obviously discriminated against, in many walks of life; in the media, in terms of relationships, and so on. Hell, that's stating the obvious, but, if we're going to be pedantic (and the 'PC Brigade' most certainly are), that much is obvious.

I'd imagine that calling someone 'ugly' would be more hurtful than would calling someone 'Paki', or 'nigger'; partly because it's so acceptable a form of discrimination.
Reply 295
No, don't insult me, I know that's another comment saying 'Oh, so you CAN get a boyfriend then?' Yes, I've had plenty thanks, just because you judge me on one badly taken picture...
Reply 296
i think the debate has reached it's limit.
besides any new readers are sure to be put off 6 or 7 pages in my ridiculous arguing.

besides what point can anyone make to improve the debate.

There are several posts a minute. People should just stop, take stock, and think of what they want to get across.
Reply 297
Poica
Well, you always were, but that's beside the point.
I have no particular beef with white kids. I myself am one. But I am trying to show you that your idea that all of Britain's problems can be blamed on other races is a fallacy. The white race is historically the most violent of them all, but that doesn't seem to bother you. There is no logical reasoning behind your dislike of other races, and that is what makes you racist.

Why do you think it's ok to generalise the white race and no others? If I said 'The Jewish race is historically the greediest of them all' would I be instantly called an anti-semite?

And the white race isn't historically the most violent, look at the middle easterns - they've been going at each other for hundreds of years. Europe (which is historically a white continent) is at peace now and has been for 60 years.
Sabriel
No Cottonmouth, I don't need an apology, I offered to agree to disagree I don't know how many times, no one listened, infact you all sat there insulting the **** out of me. Cheers a million.

Ok, I think that Sabriel knew before hand that what he/she posted was sensitive stuff so would probably get flamed, but that's no reason for anyone to be insulted or flame-baited, no matter what they do or have done.

Can we please discuss this now as civilised and intelligent adults. Not 3 year old vituperating kids.
D00
Why do you think it's ok to generalise the white race and no others? If I said 'The Jewish race is historically the greediest of them all' would I be instantly called an anti-semite?

By me you would.
As a people we are immensely philanthropic.

Latest

Trending

Trending