The BNP is not racist Watch

This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Ok, well if a similar party existed in the US?
There are lots of similar parties in the US I'd think. I'm too busy with other things and too disinterested in politics to pay them much attention.
cottonmouth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dyslexic_banana)
The term 'racism' is defined as the belief that certain races are superior to others, right? The BNP's main wishes are for Britain to remain the territory of who they perceive to be the true British, however. To this end, no, the BNP is not racist.
Sematics and simplicity. The question is WHY, not WHAT. And it is when we delve into the "why" that we begin to make judgements on the honourable or otherwise nature of the BNP.
Ten Green Bottles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
'Racism' is to HATE another ethnic group or race.
Err, no, Racism is believing that one race is superior to the other.

For years now the media and government have lied and abused the British National Party.
I'm sorry, but I thought the media was allowed to have an opinion on polictal parties, I think it's called Freedom Of Speech, and the BNP is not alone in it's abuse, pick up a newspaper and you'll see abuse hurled at all the other parties periodically as well.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Is he?
Nick Griffin is the editor of a magazine solely dedicated to holocaust denial. He actually attacked another fascist for suggesting that "some Jews might have died", because he was 'too lenient'.

OP:The man, and his organisation, are a danger to religious and political decency, and have proved themselves to be racists on numerous occasions. Nick Griffin has even served time in prison for inciting racial hatred. What more proof do you need?
Davetherave
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
D00, your post makes no economic sense at all.

Just because there was no referendum on immigration doesn't mean that there was no choice associated with providing immigrants with opportunities in Britain. If the British people were really simply overruled by their government, then howcome immigrants were given jobs by their "host country"? How can immigration to Britain have been an attractive proposition for potential immigrants if Brits were so against it? Immigrants were given opportunities to work by white Brits wanting to make use of their skills and efforts long before there was any talk of "equal opportunities" or "affirmative action". If the "British people" had really been so anti-immigration, immigrants would have found no work, and either left the country, or at the very least dissuaded their friends and relatives from joining them.

Now of course it is possible to criticise the immigrant screening mechanism which all too often grants entrance to individuals of somewhat dubious moral and economic value. But to attribute the immigration phenomenon to a few misguided politicians is ridiculous.

The problem with organisations like the BNP is that you operate on a double standard. You want immigrants to drive your buses and clean your floors because you feel these jobs are beneath you, yet eventually you bemoan the fact that someone, somewhere has let in too many foreigners.
D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by TML)
Define "British people" and why should they have more rights than others? It certainly seems to have racist elements. You'd class a "British race" as superior to other races by establishing them as a priority.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_people

These are the 3 ethnic groups that make up what constitutes as a British person. I didn't say they have more rights than others.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How do you define a British person? Need they be white, for example? How many generations must they have lived in England before they are officially the native people?

And the BNP openly encourage the idea that British people be given priorities in various aspects of society, for example in housing.
toth8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Ok, well if a similar party existed in the US?

An American white racist political party wouldn't make sense, since whites have only been the dominant race there for about four hundred years. Really no American has a right to be anti-immigration.
City bound
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by D00)

These are the 3 ethnic groups that make up what constitutes as a British person. I didn't say they have more rights than others.
Given that we British are one of the more mongrel nations on earth and that that fact has formed a central tenant of what 'national identity' one could posit exists among us, I would suggest that you and your BNP chums are distinctly un-British.
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by D00)

I don't believe I have ever heard anything so ridiculous and bigoted in all my life. If you are going to base your opinion of 'Britishness' entirely on ethnic origin, the only 'British' citizens are those directly descended from the Brythons - and it seems unlikely that any 'direct' descendants actually remain. None of the three 'groups' you mentioned have anything to do with ethnicity at all - they are nationalities. Presumably, if somebody is Black or Asian, that automatically disqualifies them from being 'British', does it?
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The OP is as deluded in that they feel they can justify the BNPs policies as they are deluded in the belief that the party isn't racist.

Nick Griffin describes his views on race as follows: "... while the BNP is not racist, it must not become multi-racist either. Our fundamental determination to secure a future for white children is restated, and an area of uncertainty is addressed and a position which is both principled and politically realistic is firmly established. We don't hate anyone, especially the mixed race children who are the most tragic victims of enforced multi-racism, but that does not mean that we accept miscegenation as moral or normal. We do not and we never will." Griffin's use of the phrase "secure a future for white children" seems to allude to the white nationalist "Fourteen Words"

What a crock of contradictory faeces
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dark and Lovely)
The OP is as deluded in that they feel they can justify the BNPs policies as they are deluded in the belief that the party isn't racist.

Nick Griffin describes his views on race as follows: "... while the BNP is not racist, it must not become multi-racist either. Our fundamental determination to secure a future for white children is restated, and an area of uncertainty is addressed and a position which is both principled and politically realistic is firmly established. We don't hate anyone, especially the mixed race children who are the most tragic victims of enforced multi-racism, but that does not mean that we accept miscegenation as moral or normal. We do not and we never will." Griffin's use of the phrase "secure a future for white children" seems to allude to the white nationalist "Fourteen Words"

What a crock of contradictory faeces
Indeed. And if those quotes do not prove racism, I don't know what does.
Tagit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by D00)
All the BNP want to do is preserve the ethnic and cultural identity of the Britsh people.
By kicking out everyone of other races out of the uk
(Original post by D00)
We want the same ‘human rights’ that everyone else is entitled to; a right to a homeland, freedom, security, identity and democracy.
No, you want advanced human rights as you think only you race has the right to have a stay in the UK.
(Original post by D00)
We are not against immigrants as individuals. We are against the SYSTEM that imports cheap labour regardless of the wishes of the host population.
Like it or not that has been what immigration has been about for decades. Lots of immigrants come to the UK to take jobs people don't want or possibly skilled jobs that people think pay low and then complain about there being a lack of when they come off the dhole and want a job. Like it or not, fellows of your race make up the 'SYSTEM' as well. There have been endless articles in the papers where there have been investigations into employers of manual labour jobs seeking only new immigrants with work permits and rejecting white British people themselves while also being a white British individual.

(Original post by D00)
The British people were never asked if they wanted to become a multi cultural society (melting pot). –immigration was forced upon us undemocratically and against the clear wishes of the majority.
To get power to change immigration laws don't you normally have to be elected in some sort of democratic way..

(Original post by D00)
Enoch Powell was right all those years ago yet was dismissed as a ‘racist’. If only Enoch had had his way the country not be in its present state. Enoch Powell was right. Nick Griffin and the BNP are right!
Enoch wasn't right

(Original post by D00)
The BNP are realist, not racist!
:rolleyes:

(Original post by D00)
Maybe in the early days of the BNP, after the break-away from the National Front there was a small racist element to the party, Nick Griffin has freely admitted this.
Honesty is rare

(Original post by D00)
The reason for that was the party was being more influenced by the far- rights NF ex-members.
hmm... National Front members. I like how they managed to influence the BNP logo though.

(Original post by D00)
Nick Griffin then came into power for the BNP in september 1999 and demanded CHANGE and REFORM to the party and its policies.
The party now takes a strict line on racism, anyone found with racist views or intentions in the party are kicked out.
Thats only after they are exposed on dispatches.

(Original post by D00)
'Racism' is to HATE another ethnic group or race.
No, it's the belief one race is superior to another.

(Original post by D00)
For years now the media and government have lied and abused the British National Party. They created an image for the public that they were a 'thuggish' 'racist' 'fascist' 'biggoted' party, anything to stop the British people from seeing the truth.
How would you describe the BNP? A friendly party that welcomes and supports members of all races and believes everyone is equal?:rolleyes: I think not.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
Nick Griffin is the editor of a magazine solely dedicated to holocaust denial.
Oh yes, I forgot his additions to Holocaust Denial & Associated Racism Weekly.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by D00)

There are no ethnic differences between the British people. Those are simply cultural differences, and there's not a lot of them either.

-----------

(Original post by D00)
All the BNP want to do is preserve the ethnic and cultural identity of the Britsh people.
Which is wrong. Putting that before the rights of the individual or the will of people who have no interest in doing anything about their ethnic identity is illiberal. Admittedly I think it's wrong to class it as racism in the old sense of the word - the BNP has changed, I will grant you that - but it's still the same umbrella of identity politics and its still very wrong.

We want the same ‘human rights’ that everyone else is entitled to; a right to a homeland, freedom, security, identity and democracy.
Nobody in the world has these rights.

We are not against immigrants as individuals. We are against the SYSTEM that imports cheap labour regardless of the wishes of the host population.
There's no such thing as cheap labour in Britain any more. For better or worse, we have a minimum wage.

The British people were never asked if they wanted to become a multi cultural society (melting pot). –immigration was forced upon us undemocratically and against the clear wishes of the majority.
That's complete rubbish. To suggest that anything was 'forced upon' you is to suggest you have some right to choose your neighbours, to dictate who lives near you, to dictate who uses the same facilities as you.

And multiculturalism is entirely different from integration, the 'melting pot' you speak of - they're ****ing opposites, you tit.
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Libertin du Nord)
Oh yes, I forgot his additions to Holocaust Denial & Associated Racism Weekly.
Well perhaps not solely dedicated, but it is a frequent topic in The Rune. He also wrote a book entitled, "Did six million really die?". I'd say that's pretty good evidence of anti-Semitism.
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh yes they are.
D00
Rep:
?
(Original post by TML)
How do you define a British person? Need they be white, for example? How many generations must they have lived in England before they are officially the native people?

And the BNP openly encourage the idea that British people be given priorities in various aspects of society, for example in housing.
I fully support the idea of giving the British people housing first instead of immigrants, isn't that just common sense? Do you want to set an achievement to make the majority annoyed by pissing on them all the time?

A British person is a person with English, Welsh or Scottish ancestry. It isn't a person who has just come out of a wooden boat from China.
D00
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dionysus)
Presumably, if somebody is Black or Asian, that automatically disqualifies them from being 'British', does it?
Ethnically speaking, yes. I'm sorry if that shocks the little PC soul within you, but it's the truth.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I fully support the idea of giving the British people housing first instead of immigrants, isn't that just common sense? Do you want to set an achievement to make the majority annoyed by pissing on them all the time?
No, it is not common sense. Everybody should have equal opportunities and equal rights to housing, regardless of their race. Should we not have a free market in which whoever pays for the property owns the property? I notice you don't care if the immigrants (legal, I'll add) are pissed off. Is this an underlying prejudice you're displaying? How are the immigrants different from "British people". Question: Are any immigrants "pissing on you"?

A British person is a person with English, Welsh or Scottish ancestry. It isn't a person who has just come out of a wooden boat from China.
That's far from a clear definition. What if I was black and I was born in England but both my parents were Africans? Would I be British? You've neglected so many issues. If we delve back further and further back then it becomes far less clear who is of "British decent". I know that I've got German blood in me somewhere. Does that mean I'm not British? Mind you, my parents are both British. I was born in Britain. Where do you draw the line? And why do you need to draw a line. Why should black people have less rights than white people? I'm sorry, it seems that you're just putting a British race above anything else, therefore it rightly deserves it's title as racism. It's not purely national - all political parties have nationalist elements [in the sense that they serve the country's citizens national best interests - but it is racist.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed