Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I received an email stating no accommodation available, I am on a reserve list, number 106. Anyone else in similar situation?

Also any advice on areas to look for private rent if I don't get a campus place?

Ta

Hope J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopealex)
    Hi
    I received an email stating no accommodation available, I am on a reserve list, number 106. Anyone else in similar situation?

Also any advice on areas to look for private rent if I don't get a campus place?

Ta

Hope J
    Hey, just wanted to say I'm in the same situation! I'm in the 60s of the list and I've spent the day looking for private accommodation. I think there's decent rooms out there but a lot of it looks pricey.

I'm not sure if there's any chance of waiting on the list in our position, I'll probably call them up tomorrow and find out how quickly they are allocating places.

Let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    Yo.
    Housing in Egham is pretty expensive, as are a lot of the surrounding areas. I gave someone else the same advice: try mulberry's first, as they deal exclusively with student lettings. Then try Holloways, or Nevin and Wells, they both have student properties.

Depending on how much of a geek you are (like me...) you may want to get housing closer to uni, so if you need to pop to the library or whatever, you're not too far. Nightingale Shott+ the surrounding areas are ideal as there's a shortcut to the Uni nearby.

If unavailable, try near town. Easier shopping and you can get the Uni bus from near the train station. You may to live with randomers in order to afford it...

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathaniogeorge)
    Hey, just wanted to say I'm in the same situation! I'm in the 60s of the list and I've spent the day looking for private accommodation. I think there's decent rooms out there but a lot of it looks pricey.

I'm not sure if there's any chance of waiting on the list in our position, I'll probably call them up tomorrow and find out how quickly they are allocating places.

Let us know how you get on!
    Hey,
    I hope you find somewhere soon. I found a room in house share in Egham £475 exc bills. A lovely place ...so good luck x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.