Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    YouGov/Times poll puts it at Corbyn 62%, Smith 38%. Though it should be noted this is based on the turnout rates of full members/registered supporters/affiliated members last time, and it could be different this time. Also, apparently only 33% of Smith supporters regard him as likely to win an election, ironic given so much emphasis has been placed on electability.

ReputationRep:
    big up my boy corbyn

ReputationRep:
    fk agent smith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    YouGov/Times poll puts it at Corbyn 62%, Smith 38%. Though it should be noted this is based on the turnout rates of full members/registered supporters/affiliated members last time, and it could be different this time. Also, apparently only 33% of Smith supporters regard him as likely to win an election, ironic given so much emphasis has been placed on electability.
    I think Smith would be easier to get rid of when it's nearly election campaigning time; Corbyn's status of being a "personality cult" leader means he'll stick around like a bad smell if he wins the Labour leadership, making their chances come 2020 plummet. But Smith, he'd be "just another leader" who could be pushed to one side for someone who can actually win an election.

So yeah, neither candidate are gonna be much good for Labour's electability. But Smith makes for a better future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    I've always scoffed at Corbyn, and I still do, but I'm beginning to dislike Smith more. After saying he will not go through with Brexit, I seriously doubt he will get anywhere, give that a big portion of Brexiteers are also Labour's biggest demographic of voters: the working class.

ReputationRep:
    I have to laugh at the Corbyn supporters, it just means Labour are unelectable. Politics have moved to the right and Corbyn's pre-Blair idea of Labour voters is a joke. Corbyn is perpetual opposition to the natural idea of a centre left conservative ideal, whilst allowing a right wing take-over.

ReputationRep:
    I hope he doesn't turn into a Shabbos goy.

ReputationRep:
    Labour is screwed no matter who they get. Both Smith and Corbyn have shown they are out of touch with what the world is like now and live in some hippy dippy fantasy. Both saying we should negotiate with Isis... More chance of travelling back in time and negotiating with Hitler...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  corbyn.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  8.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    I've always scoffed at Corbyn, and I still do, but I'm beginning to dislike Smith more. After saying he will not go through with Brexit, I seriously doubt he will get anywhere, give that a big portion of Brexiteers are also Labour's biggest demographic of voters: the working class.
    Yeah, I know some Labour activists who were solidly Remain who say they know no-one in their local areas will take them seriously if they're talking about a second referendum on the doorstep. Also, according the the demographic breakdown of the poll, Corbyn was leading among Brexit voters by about 60 points - Smith was nearly in single figures when you take DKs into account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.