The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Uni of brighton, sussex or surrey?

What do you think are the most important factors when choosing a university & based on those factors which university is better?
Sussex for quality and experience.

Surrey is the best uni academically, but the location of Surrey is horrible.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Why is the location of Surrey horrible? I think it's great as a student there. Close to London, straight off the A3, close to Guildford town. And the campus is great.
Original post by 5tan
Why is the location of Surrey horrible? I think it's great as a student there. Close to London, straight off the A3, close to Guildford town. And the campus is great.

The prices you pay to be in Surrey, you may as well be in London. There's literally nothing going on in Guildford. It's a middle class nappy valley, far from ideal for a great student life
Original post by zeldusone
a great student life

Subjective as hell, if you want to get drunk all the time in lots of different bars, yes Guildford isn't for you, Brighton would be better, but if you want the chance to do lots of things, sports, societies, places to go (etc) the university is still great.

As the previous poster said the location within town is a positive of the university when you talk about location in relation to amenities and accommodation. It is on campus or close by, it is near to the town/supermarkets/leisure facilities etc.

Sussex campus is located at Falmer, as is part of the University of Brighton, some in Moulsecomb and other towns) so they have very different feels because of it. Having been to Surrey, Brighton and visited Sussex many times (for UG and PG), go visit, I'd be really surprised if they felt similar to you, they all felt completely different to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending