Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you think are the most important factors when choosing a university & based on those factors which university is better?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, place on league table, rates of employment after graduation, and course content -off the top of my head
    When applying choose a variation of unis you like incase you do better than expected or worse

ReputationRep:
    I would check out the uni league tables, but they arent too important. It depends what you are studying, for example if you are studying an art course, Brighton (number 91 on the Guardian table) would probably be better for you then Oxford (number 2 on the Guardian table).

What people tend to do when looking at universities is look at the staff to student ratio, student satisfactory and employment after set amount of time of graduation.

At the end of the day I think it really depends on what you choose to study, then look at which uni offers higher quality teaching, best and newest equiptement and student satisdaction.

I also like to look at the 'Which Uni' website and see what the average salary is after graduation, but that might not matter to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.