Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to medicine this year but got 4 rejections due to my bad AS and predicted grades. This results day I found that I achieved the following:

Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A
    Maths: B

I messaged a few universities and they replied saying that I wasn't eligible to reapply because the minimum grade requirement is AAA. My question is are there any universities that allow this or any other options I can take to get into the medicine course without taking the graduate entry route?

ReputationRep:
    Keele allows this, but I don't know of any others

EDIT: apparently this is no longer the case, so ignore me!

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked St George's? I think they have a typical offer of AAA but I read that they may make allowances if you get less a while back but I didn't go much into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aw_anon1700)
    I applied to medicine this year but got 4 rejections due to my bad AS and predicted grades. This results day I found that I achieved the following:

Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A
    Maths: B

I messaged a few universities and they replied saying that I wasn't eligible to reapply because the minimum grade requirement is AAA. My question is are there any universities that allow this or any other options I can take to get into the medicine course without taking the graduate entry route?
    Not very many. My advice would be to apply to unis that will accept A Levels done over 3 years and resit the necessary maths modules in order to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info, I will call up both universities tommorrow and let you know how it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Keele allows this, but I don't know of any others
    Keele for 2017 entry is A*AA or if you have existing a levels AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purdy girl)
    Keele for 2017 entry is A*AA or if you have existing a levels AAA.
    Oh wow! I didn't know of the change- thanks for pointing that out :O when I applied it had been my insurance at A*AB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Oh wow! I didn't know of the change- thanks for pointing that out :O when I applied it had been my insurance at A*AB
    My son got in with A*AB but brought the new prospectus home for his cousin . He can't believe that 2 years on he would not have got in.

ReputationRep:
    Called them up today, and Keele have upped their entry requirements this year but St Georges London said you could apply but their are no guarentees.

I also called up a few more and I found that Plymouth, Brighton and Sussex and university of East Anglia allow retakes. Any others anyone is aware of?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had A*AB and missed my AAA offer and got entered into clearing but some universities had spaces e.g. Sheffield, plymouth. And I had an interview and now I'm off to Sheffield. Maybe try again on results day next year.. Some unis might have spaces left like they did this year to offer to A*AB students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.