The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ASTK98
We don't "need" strength in midfield. Football has evolved, it's not 2005 anymore. All the elite sides in the world play with technical midfielders at the base of the midfield (Madrid - Kroos & Modric, Barca - Iniesta and Busquests, Bayern - Alonso and Thiago).

Playing with a destroyer like Wanyama in the Champions League is not going to get you far, lol. See how Spurs collapsed in their campaign this season. Those type of midfielders are simply not cut out for top level football, they should stay at mid table sides.

FTR: Ramsey and Xhaka are both good enough to start. The problem is Wenger. Ramsey had a top campaign at EURO 2016, comes back to Arsenal and looks like **** again. Same with Özil. He doesn't know how to get the best out of his players anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All our players are greatly overrated.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
If we lose tonight surely that would be it for Wenger. No way back.

I want to see it happen purely for the lolz.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
If we lose tonight surely that would be it for Wenger. No way back.

You could lose 10-0 and he wouldn't be sacked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James.Carnell
All our players are greatly overrated.

Overrated =/= bad. As I said, Wenger holds the team back. He's finished and needs to leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Overrated =/= bad. As I said, Wenger holds the team back. He's finished and needs to leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're all ****.
I would not be too bothered if Sanchez leaves and we get Reus. Reus is honestly the better player, aside from his terrible injury record which would be so Arsenal. He has a much better pedigree against big teams and does not hold on to the ball too long like Sanchez. I would prefer to keep Sanchez and let go Ozil go (as the latter is infuriating to watch) but it would not be too bad.

Biggest transfer we can make is the manager to be honest. And to sell off the lot of players that are just not good enough.

If I was the manager coming in to replace Wenger, I'd sign 3 big players right down the spine of my team.

Icardi up front. Guy is the perfect mix of baller and **** as a forward. Will also kill you / bang your wife if you get out of line (as a team-mate).

The best destroyer b2b midfielder available with proven leadership qualities. Struggling to think of who even fits this mould right now FFS.

Best leader CB available. Seriously go give Thiago Silva 250k a week and hope the mothe****er comes.
Playing without a RB today. Whoever Sutton's LW is, he'll have a field day. Walcott up front is a recipe for disaster, should've been Perez
They're all ****.

Whatever floats your boat, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the BBC commentator just said that for the Sutton fans "Costa is a coffee and Kane is a stick"

For **** sake. How patronising and embarrassing can you get.
Original post by sr90
So the BBC commentator just said that for the Sutton fans "Costa is a coffee and Kane is a stick"

For **** sake. How patronising and embarrassing can you get.

just keeps going. We get the message guys, they're total **** and their facilities are so **** Arsenal will need to spend 12 hrs in a decontamination chamber when they get home.
2-1 Sutton written all over this
Must be quite alarming that some of these players are struggling to stand out against such lowly opposition.

Wenger is a problem, but he isn't the only problem.
Ospina almost having an absolute mare

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Ospina almost having an absolute mare

Posted from TSR Mobile

that move made no sense whatsoever....unless he's gone rogue.
Holding hasn't been particularly convincing. Ospina nearly gave away a really stupid goal too.
I think Perez should play more often though.
Walcott getting marked out of the game by Sutton's alcoholic builders. Eastmond is better than Coquelin. Another pathetic Iwobi performance following Coquelin's confirmation as a fraud means it's another W for Agenda FC.
Your defence is seriously shaky under a high ball

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Must be quite alarming that some of these players are struggling to stand out against such lowly opposition.

Wenger is a problem, but he isn't the only problem.
Yeah but you can surely remember the likes of Kagawa and Hernandez doing utterly nothing against MK Dons. That MK dons side was basically a for sale side, so I think once the mental side has gone it is alarming how badly even good players can play. Wenger has always had that arm around the shoulder style which can lead to these types of performances. He's not going to hairdryer them and snap them out of it, he'll encourage them over a period of a couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus Christ you've been bloody awful tonight.

Sutton have had spells but have been very wasteful/unlucky with their chances. Your defence has been absolutely abysmal.

Any half decent side would've battered you tonight. At least you have another non-league side in the next round!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're lucky you're playing such a lowly side (no offence to them) because they've been given way too many chances.

Quick Reply

Latest