Watch
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
How are you man signing Blacazette the machete
He's a very good striker. Much better than Giroud and I think if Sanchez stays Ozil will have fun providing assists to them.

What is the reason of Giroud starting ahead of Lacazette for France?
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
He's a very good striker. Much better than Giroud and I think if Sanchez stays Ozil will have fun providing assists to them.

What is the reason of Giroud starting ahead of Lacazette for France?
Cause Giroud comes to play and is good for balance - he brings the best out of midfield runners and gives crossing wingers/full-backs a strong option
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Cause Giroud comes to play and is good for balance - he brings the best out of midfield runners and gives crossing wingers/full-backs a strong option
Overall the move is good for Arsenal but now they'll have to get top 4 and probably win the Europa League.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Overall the move is good for Arsenal but now they'll have to get top 4 and probably win the Europa League.
You've clearly never seen us play in Europe....
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-in-the-summer
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stalin)
You've clearly never seen us play in Europe....
I've to admit my wording was poor. What I meant to say was with the squad you now have you should have to get top 4 and win EL otherwise it's another frustrating season for your lot.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've to admit my wording was poor. What I meant to say was with the squad you now have you should have to get top 4 and win EL otherwise it's another frustrating season for your lot.
Impossible given the strength of the top 6. One of them will have to be prioritized over the other, and with Arsenal it'll be 4th.

Everton should go all out for the Europa. Even with their signings the reality is they'll be lucky to get 5 points from their first 5 games, after that they'll already be out of the top 4 race (if you can even consider them in it to begin with).
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Impossible given the strength of the top 6. One of them will have to be prioritized over the other, and with Arsenal it'll be 4th.

Everton should go all out for the Europa. Even with their signings the reality is they'll be lucky to get 5 points from their first 5 games, after that they'll already be out of the top 4 race (if you can even consider them in it to begin with).
Wow. Arsenal really are stuck in a cycle of mediocrity. I don't see Arsenal finishing ahead of Chelsea, City, or United. Depends on how Liverpool play next season.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes Progres Niederkorn! Knocked out the biggest losers in Scotland! Get to the group stage, draw us, humiliate us!
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
By that logic, surely Utd should have finished in the top 4 along with winning the Europa?
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stalin)
By that logic, surely Utd should have finished in the top 4 along with their EL victory?
Yes. They should've. 6th is a massive disappointment for a club that spent a record fee on a player. It's a major crack in their season, covered up by the EL and EFL cup
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
IDGAF about Lacazette or Kola. I want us to spunk 125 mill on Mbappe and break the transfer record because it would show we have some big balls.
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by James.Carnell)
IDGAF about Lacazette or Kola. I want us to spunk 125 mill on Mbappe and break the transfer record because it would show we have some big balls.
That won't happen. You've already got Lacazette. Wenger won't get another big name signing.

Also why would Mbappe move? Surely he should better off at Monaco than Arsenal.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That won't happen. You've already got Lacazette. Wenger won't get another big name signing.

Also why would Mbappe move? Surely he should better off at Monaco than Arsenal.
Because if he moves here and there is Sanchez, him and Lacazette, that would be ridiculous attacking power. We've got the money to spend.
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by James.Carnell)
Because if he moves here and there is Sanchez, him and Lacazette, that would be ridiculous attacking power. We've got the money to spend.
From Mbappe's point of view, he won't even be sure if Sanchez and Ozil are staying. He'll also be leaving league winners, champions league semi finalists to go to a club which got slapped 10-2 by Bayern, not in the champions league and has gone 14 years without even going close to the league title. He will probably stay at Monaco for another year and if he has another great year and Monaco don't do as well, he will move on.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow. Arsenal really are stuck in a cycle of mediocrity. I don't see Arsenal finishing ahead of Chelsea, City, or United. Depends on how Liverpool play next season.
Our only striker is a 19 year old, our only defensive midfielder is so old he's practically a fossil, and our only LB will miss the start of the season through injury. Needs 3-4 key signings, and quickly, otherwise we'll be 6th again.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From Mbappe's point of view, he won't even be sure if Sanchez and Ozil are staying. He'll also be leaving league winners, champions league semi finalists to go to a club which got slapped 10-2 by Bayern, not in the champions league and has gone 14 years without even going close to the league title. He will probably stay at Monaco for another year and if he has another great year and Monaco don't do as well, he will move on.

If we buy a few players we'll be fine. We need to stop depending on the **** British core. (Except Ox and Holding who are good)
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is signing Lacazette the first move before Sanchez is sold?

Tried and tested method where you sign a big name (as a replacement) before you sell a star player.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Is signing Lacazette the first move before Sanchez is sold?

Tried and tested method where you sign a big name (as a replacement) before you sell a star player.
**** knows. We are on a permanent self-destruct mode.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.49%
I'm not sure (36)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.52%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (388)
48.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise