The Arsenal Thread XXV

Watch
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bild are saying Ozil will sign on. Yeah right. Not on last night's showing he won't. Auba already having second thoughts about joining a **** club like ours...
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/s...25809194999809

Seems like there is something to this, Wenger really needs to gtfo and stop blocking the potential of the team. A good manager would see obvious things, e.g. Bellerin cannot cross to save his life.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Players Arsenal have sold to Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool in recent years:

[Keeper?]
Sagna / Toure / Gallas / Cole or Clichy
Nasri / [midfield] / Ox / Sanchez
RVP / Adebayor

Pretty impressive team
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We "sold" Gallas to Spurs actually.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If Ozil signs as reports suggest, he deserves all the credit in the world. Guy would instantly go down as a legend. It would single handedly be saving the club from absolute humiliation. Utd fans have been unbearable.

Best summer signing is if Wenger goes. Don't trust him with building a new defence. Don't trust his management of the midfield.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Number 14 please.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/958659812031594497v
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
#YoPierre

Congrats! Great signing.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
#YoPierre

Congrats! Great signing.
Thanks breh, watched some LVG Utd games, weird how similar the teams have turned out to be. A lot of possession, getting usurped by bus parking teams who then score against the unorganised defence.

In 2015-2016 season you lost against Swansea, us, Bournemouth, Norwich, Stoke, Southampton, Sunderland, WBA, Spurs, West Ham. You lost out on CL by goal difference with City. I would say this was where we were LAST SEASON. We lost out on CL by 1 point. What we have now is probably what would have ended up at United if LVG had another season, more decline.

I.e. As I have been saying, the money that has been spent has been spent poorly, £35m on Mustafi and £35m on Xhaka could have been spent a lot better, the management and coaching has been wack. Who knows? If Wenger knew how to coach nowadays those two may have been excellent buys. Now really is the time to get rid of Wenger.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Alex Song has been released by Rubin Kazan and is training with Arsenal while he looks for a new club.

Scenes when we sign him at the 11th hour on a free, would be the most Arsenal signing ever and would be better than Elneny and Xhaka at this point.

James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/s...74358091894784
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42885533

WE'VE GOT OZILLL, MESUT OZILLLL , I JUST DON'T THINK YOU UNERSTANDDD
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can't wait for one of our own players to speak out against Arsene and reveal the trade secret every gunner knows:
He can't organise a defence or a midfield
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just gets better for Arsenal

Name:  513284C4-18AC-4A28-861E-FA4ABDFB05CB.jpeg
Views: 48
Size:  310.9 KB
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by James.Carnell)
Thanks breh, watched some LVG Utd games, weird how similar the teams have turned out to be. A lot of possession, getting usurped by bus parking teams who then score against the unorganised defence.

In 2015-2016 season you lost against Swansea, us, Bournemouth, Norwich, Stoke, Southampton, Sunderland, WBA, Spurs, West Ham. You lost out on CL by goal difference with City. I would say this was where we were LAST SEASON. We lost out on CL by 1 point. What we have now is probably what would have ended up at United if LVG had another season, more decline.

I.e. As I have been saying, the money that has been spent has been spent poorly, £35m on Mustafi and £35m on Xhaka could have been spent a lot better, the management and coaching has been wack. Who knows? If Wenger knew how to coach nowadays those two may have been excellent buys. Now really is the time to get rid of Wenger.
At least you guys can still create chances, under LVG it would be an absolute miracle if we even created 2 chances in 1 game. It was terrible.

Ozil has signed wow, does this mean Wenger is off? It will be hilarious if he also signs a 1 year extension #LetTheMugabeRegimeContinue :rofl:
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Can't wait for one of our own players to speak out against Arsene and reveal the trade secret every gunner knows:
He can't organise a defence or a midfield
We need a revolution. Overthrow Arsene "Mugabe" Wenger.

In Ozil and Auba we have players that resemble the Arsenal of old. Ozil to play Bergkamp role, Auba to play Henry role: number 14. If we don't build around this we will regret it big time.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Working out to be a pretty good January for you guys.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Rollercoaster. Sums up this club perfectly, they will have ridiculous results then pull you straight back in with hopes and dreams:

Arsenal Legends.

trapking
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We need a revolution. Overthrow Arsene "Mugabe" Wenger.

In Ozil and Auba we have players that resemble the Arsenal of old. Ozil to play Bergkamp role, Auba to play Henry role: number 14. If we don't build around this we will regret it big time.
you also have Mkhitaryan. He had a good moments yesterday, hes good at those short 1-2 combinations and clever passing.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
you also have Mkhitaryan. He had a good moments yesterday, hes good at those short 1-2 combinations and clever passing.
Mkhi's agility was great, he spins away from defenders very quickly. I remembered he pinged a great cross into the box but no one anticipated it. Could be like a new Hleb.

Our attack is pretty stacked now. Really not sure about Xhaka in CM in this league, it seems too quick and intense for him, everytime opponents press him on the ball he has a mistake in him, it's not a matter of "if", but "when... I remember Arteta honestly being better than that. Even under pressure on the ball, Wilshere is levels ahead of him. Wilshere can actually glide past players and evade the press.

I have seen this so so many times now: https://twitter.com/MesutOzilClass/s...85667008466944
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mkhi's agility was great, he spins away from defenders very quickly. I remembered he pinged a great cross into the box but no one anticipated it. Could be like a new Hleb.

Our attack is pretty stacked now. Really not sure about Xhaka in CM in this league, it seems too quick and intense for him, everytime opponents press him on the ball he has a mistake in him, it's not a matter of "if", but "when... I remember Arteta honestly being better than that. Even under pressure on the ball, Wilshere is levels ahead of him. Wilshere can actually glide past players and evade the press.

I have seen this so so many times now: https://twitter.com/MesutOzilClass/s...85667008466944
Lol at Xhaka.

Guy was picking his nose instead of following Cleverley’s run when you lost to Watford.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Xhaka I think will be good at cm if there's a solid dm behind him and a good box to box. I can imagine him being an a level tonight kroos. Kroos obviously is PhD with 5 years experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.53%
I'm not sure (36)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.59%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (387)
48.93%

Watched Threads