The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
This guy is turning into a star

Original post by SA-1
This guy is turning into a star

Big 45 Gunner. Written.

Shades of Pires. He's the ideal Wenger sort of winger, blistering pace but with the technique too which means he is equally comfortable playing inside and with extremely quick interchanges with Ozil and Alexis. He does not look out of place.

Just needs to improve his finishing, he's been a bit unlucky but I don't think he has bad finishing, he just needs momentum. With him and Jeff Rene Adelaide coming through, I think Ox's long term place at this club is called into question.

Thing is you can see the frustration from Alexis and Ozil when they are playing with Ox, but they love playing with Iwobi. While Ox would run into trouble, Iwobi just does his little feint, sells them a dummy and shields the ball, he has that close control which you cannot really teach. And that first touch. It's beautiful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Fwiw, Rene-Adelaide will be the next player to emerge. I don't think Zelalem will cut it, personally.
All about Crowley. Xhaka-Ramsey-Crowley midfield :coma:
After thinking about it imo Wenger should be signing a one year contract. I want to see what he can do with one or two more signings. A new LB with great mobility (Ricardo Rodriguez) and a top top winger/ forward hybrid.

The transition to the next manager should be as smooth as possible, with a minimal settling in period. Pep was already approving transfers before he took the City seat, and consulting with the club leaders. They should know who the manager is behind closed doors before the actual transition happens. I believe the job would appeal to any manager, especially if we are close to City in the league in the next two season, managers will want to be at a good position to challenge Pep. Therefore, the job should not go to Eddie ****ing Howe and people of that calibre.

In the summer, we should be loaning out Ox imo, and keeping Walcott as a depth option. I hope we will be going in BIG for Griezmann - lay it all on the table. Just imagine a front line of Iwobi, Sanchez and Griezmann... it would be carnage, absolute carnage. We have to be going for someone that will definitely improve us, that is Griezmann.

4-2-1-3 is looking like our formation going forward now. It's just looking so very fluid.

P.s. Delighted to see that Gibbs has carved out a new role on the left side as a tactical sub, in the auxilary winger/defender role that Welbeck played at United under Ferguson.
(edited 7 years ago)
Imagine fuming cause players took a selfie in the dressing room after the game. Happens all the time. It's 2016.
Nah they're fuming because it's ridiculous to celebrate one 38th of the season before the inevitable slump or run of defeats; the rivals can dig up the premature selfie and laugh at us when it happens
Original post by shawn_o1
Nah they're fuming because it's ridiculous to celebrate one 38th of the season before the inevitable slump or run of defeats; the rivals can dig up the premature selfie and laugh at us when it happens

We'll lose a few games but so what? It's a derby. And when we lose they'll laugh anyway. Best to just lord it over them while we can however brief.

If we beat the scum and the 2nd best club in Manchester in November, then the lads can take as many selfies as they want.
Savour the moments of the Chelsea game, you were superb in the first half, but it's hard to get away from the fact Chelsea were suicidal in their first half tactics, playing such a high line with a **** defence, and it could have been worse than 3-0.

You'll have a good season, top 3 for sure, but there are going to be some funny moments for neutrals yet! They won't all be as easy as Chelsea. Also, you'll get to the last 8 in the CL this year I reckon.
Original post by James.Carnell
In the summer, we should be loaning out Ox imo, and keeping Walcott as a depth option. I hope we will be going in BIG for Griezmann - lay it all on the table. Just imagine a front line of Iwobi, Sanchez and Griezmann... it would be carnage, absolute carnage. We have to be going for someone that will definitely improve us, that is Griezmann.

Is it worth loaning out Ox? He'll be 24 next season and 25 by the time he gets back from his loan. Frankly, I'd just take whatever cash you can get now, as I don't think he'll be the quality if title challengers.
Ox would sell well to a championship club aiming for at least the playoffs. He didn't get the chance to play at that level
Original post by Diego Costa
Is it worth loaning out Ox? He'll be 24 next season and 25 by the time he gets back from his loan. Frankly, I'd just take whatever cash you can get now, as I don't think he'll be the quality if title challengers.

It's just in case he peaks late really. The frustrating thing is that if only he can put his head up when running with the ball he would be a very good player. He doesn't see the game in front of him. Granted he is a good finisher but his end product is so inconsistent and you would have to play him central and keep him in or around the box to get the best out of him (i.e. cater the entire front portion of the team to him). I have thought about the prospect of converting Ox to a CF tbh, it would be an interesting experiment in a league cup game or something...

N.b. Mentally he is also weak so when he drops off form he just totally disintegrates for the season. Theo is mentally strong despite his bad runs of form.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone going to the Emirates tomorrow?
Original post by angelfox

Got some book returns to do xxx
Reply 754

Exams are over, maybe towards Christmas? xxx

Will be at Burnley on Sunday.
Going to be wierd actually wanting tottenham to win at the weekend.
Reply 757
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Going to be wierd actually wanting tottenham to win at the weekend.

Do we though?

Want a 4-4 draw, 4 ACL injuries for Spurs and for Rose to two foot Pochettino by mistake
Original post by SA-1
Do we though?

Want a 4-4 draw, 4 ACL injuries for Spurs and for Rose to two foot Pochettino by mistake

Nah definitely a win. City won't drop many points all season.
In our best interests, I want Spurs to win but with several ACL injuries and suspensions. And also for Aguero to limp off and disappear for the whole season.

Quick Reply

Latest