The Arsenal Thread XXV

Watch
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I really want to sign Grealish just bc he's rad as fuk.
ClockEnderAFC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thomas is a class signing. Was dreading going into the season with the midfield we had. Although still unsure if we have enough creativity. Ideally we'd have signed Aouar as well, my hunch is that Mikel will use Saka as the main creative focal point in our attack. Probably as an 8.5, with Xhaka/Ceballos and Partey behind him. Then a Pepe-Auba-Willian front 3.
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Partey signing was ****ing ruthless and I love it
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
good signings.

No ideawhy we twerked for some rice and you got an entire Party
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
good signings.

No ideawhy we twerked for some rice and you got an entire Party
Is Party legit?
Cant say Ive seen much of him tbh
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Is Party legit?
Cant say Ive seen much of him tbh
Can go forward and backwards, can play on the wing (Atlético winger so not pulling up trees offensively). Basically like having Essien in the midfield. I've never rated Torreira from the start but I'm genuinely worried about Partey.

Could genuinely be the guy you've missed since Viera and I'm really ****ing annoyed we tried to buy Declan Rice instead of this guy when we've been looking for a defensive minded/box to box midfielder with steel to cover for Kanté or play alongside him.
Last edited by bj27; 2 weeks ago
AR_95
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is this the most complete squad we've had in a long time? Can't help but think we're going to be in a striker crisis again pretty soon - Aubameyang is 31 so there's no guarantee he pulls the same numbers in the next few years but we've tied him down to a long contract and a lot of money. Can see Lacazette leaving as well. We got lucky with the Aubameyang signing as well as it was more of a right place at the right time kind of signing. Will be hard to replace him.

This could be said every year but I think this is the most crucial season we get CL. Our squad is not too far off putting up a decent challenge for the title
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Bit mental that you're paying Ozil 350k a week and he's been excluded from the EL squad and now the Premier League squad list too.

So basically he can only play U23 football for you.. What's the point?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Bit mental that you're paying Ozil 350k a week and he's been excluded from the EL squad and now the Premier League squad list too.

So basically he can only play U23 football for you.. What's the point?
I agree. There must be something said behind closed doors that we don't know about. Unless it is his views expressed about China and the Uighurs.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I agree. There must be something said behind closed doors that we don't know about. Unless it is his views expressed about China and the Uighurs.
This narrative is peddled by Ozil fanboys who imagine him as some moral crusader, he is not. In fact he is a man who freely associates with borderline dictators, shamelessly.

Arteta played him for months after his comments and so what do you think was the delay ? China forgot Arsenal's phone number? And which sponsors ? Would Arsenal as an institution take the risk of this coming out? Can you imagine that board meeting? "Guys Huawei are on the line and said if we keep playing Ozil then they're finished with us?" It's nonsense.

The reality is that Ozil is a toxic character out to line his pockets. Arteta seems like a fairly ruthless guy like that, think about his treatment of Guedouzi, did he also insult China?
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Arteta just weeding out trash and trying to save money in the process.

Yeah best man at wedding being Erdogan you don't have a leg to stand on about morality.

Conté did the same with Diego Costa. Managers who make big decisions like that are the ones that are most respected.
Last edited by bj27; 4 days ago
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by bj27)
Arteta just weeding out trash and trying to save money in the process.

Yeah best man at wedding being Erdogan you don't have a leg to stand on about morality.

Conté did the same with Diego Costa. Managers who make big decisions like that are the ones that are most respected.
Agree about having the Turkish dictator as best man (instead of the liar with Turkish ancestry we have in number 10) does not qualify you to lecture others on morality. But would no-one take him off Arsenal's hands even on loan (a Turkish club perhaps)?
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Agree about having the Turkish dictator as best man (instead of the liar with Turkish ancestry we have in number 10) does not qualify you to lecture others on morality. But would no-one take him off Arsenal's hands even on loan (a Turkish club perhaps)?
He could do so. I have no idea about the true ins and outs of the situation but I think Ozil doesn't want to force through a move due to liking it in London and the bonus.

It's somewhat similar to the Gareth Bale situation at Madrid. Many clubs in the premier league e.g. would take Ozil.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Ozil's living the life of riley in London. He wouldn't have the same lifestyle anywhere else in the world, including Istanbul.

His propaganda stunts are absolutely pathetic as well. Amazes me that people big him up for what, tossing some guy a couple hundred quid a week out of £350k ? Heard he was loudly encouraging others in the dressing room not to take a pay cut during Corona. He could not give aa single damn about the club which is fine but then people talk about him being "loyal", who else would take him?

Luxury player, went missing too often and didnt have the fight to regularly make an impact. His kind of 10 is very much of the <2010 variety and he was simply nowhere near enough involved in a game to matter. Even at his peak, 2016/17 he was not a big game guy either.

Nothing player who made a career out of Ronaldo/Benzema in truth and who's myth was guaranteed when he joined Arsenal after 10 years of austerity.

Some Arsenal fans genuinely need de-programming on Ozil, srs. Cazorla played alongside and just got on with his game and was far far more effective.
Last edited by Zürich; 3 days ago
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Just wish he put as much effort into turning up for big games.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
We could have got LGBT icon Cantwell on the cheap.

Arsenal fan too. He had a £20m price ffs.
Last edited by James.Carnell; 3 days ago
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
My guess it's more to do with Ozil's general behaviour and what Arteta expects in the dressing room. Let's not forget that Guendouzi was bombed out too but he agreed to go out on loan.

Almost surprised that Arsenal didn't just let Ozil go on loan anywhere and pay his wages so he's not at the club. Maybe they thought they could terminate his contract or agree a permanent move. Maybe they figure it would be Jan but excluding from all senior squads was the only way.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Pepe is a waste of 72m. Saka is already well clear. Martinelli better than Lacazette already.

Stop buying bums from France. Gabriel is the only one in a long time that is any good.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Seriously Pepe is a posh Gervinho. He's so bad. Can't take on a man which is disastrous in the PL. He always gets tackled, always. So slow.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 8 minutes ago
Absolutely disastrous, this is on Arteta. No creativity in the team.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.22%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.13%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (371)
48.94%

Watched Threads