The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Sanchez is so rude :rofl:
4-1 😂😂😂😂😂

I feel so sorry for Sunderland fans paying for this...
Hope Atkinson watches the highlights today. Smelly old spud
Reply 1143
Giroud is such a good plan B
I like it when we have Sanchez and Giroud on at same time. Underused tactic
Like I said, Sunderland are complete gash. Every cross overhit, zero composure at the front and back, Defoe looks disinterested. Feel a little sorry for Moyes.

Reckon they're challenge 07-08 Derby County for lowest number of points in a premier league season ever tbh
Oli G best player in history. Ramsey got more assists in like 10 seconds than Pogba has all season. Tears in my eyes.
What a game to up your GD though :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio
What a game to up your GD though :biggrin:

makes a chnage for us to have a decent GD compared to other teams...

If things stay as they are:

(with us playing 1 extra..)
Arsenal 13
City 11
Chelsea 10
Liverpool 9
Spurs 9
--
--
--
United 1

Got to love united this season.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
makes a chnage for us to have a decent GD compared to other teams...

If things stay as they are:

(with us playing 1 extra..)
Arsenal 13
City 11
Chelsea 10
Liverpool 9
Spurs 9
--
--
--
United 1

Got to love united this season.

There's no way we're beating Palace by more than a goal tbh - it'll be a miracle if we get 3 points against our bogey team.
City running riot. They look ominously good with Gundogan.
Original post by James.Carnell
City running riot. They look ominously good with Gundogan.

they were never going to do a united/liverpool.. always were going rebound eventually. Only good thing is they cant go on a full-on run now unless somehow they can beat barca mid-week..
spurs and united dropping points.. Still early days, but 8pts a head of united is so sweet considering how hyped united fans were about mohrinho and their squad over the summer and into the first few weeks of the season.
Original post by fallen_acorns
they were never going to do a united/liverpool.. always were going rebound eventually. Only good thing is they cant go on a full-on run now unless somehow they can beat barca mid-week..

Our season depends on November really. We need to get results with Spurs and United. I don't care if we draw, we just must not lose.
Our season depends on November really. We need to get results with Spurs and United. I don't care if we draw, we just must not lose.

See that's the good thing for us - we've played all the big teams except City and we haven't lost to anybody, so we don't have to worry about huge games like that.

Agree - will be propperly worried before both fixtures.. Spurs have had our number in recent seasons, and united beat us consistantly even when they were shite with LVG and co.. so I am really not confident about either.. But who knows, we are not destroyed by injuries right now, and have a few players returning.. as long as cazorla can stay ok, I think we have a fair shout.
Original post by Lúcio
See that's the good thing for us - we've played all the big teams except City and we haven't lost to anybody, so we don't have to worry about huge games like that.

Shame , because anyone can beat anyone in this league so it's not much of a gain.
Shame , because anyone can beat anyone in this league so it's not much of a gain.

I agree but what I mean is, if you lose against Arsenal then you've definitely lost 3 points on them (and precious GD).

However if you lose, maybe Arsenal drop points too so it's not as bad.

We know our rivals will be playing each other - all we have to do is keep beating the mid-table sides and see where we're at in a few months.
Reply 1158
Original post by Lúcio
I agree but what I mean is, if you lose against Arsenal then you've definitely lost 3 points on them (and precious GD).

However if you lose, maybe Arsenal drop points too so it's not as bad.

We know our rivals will be playing each other - all we have to do is keep beating the mid-table sides and see where we're at in a few months.

You do seem to shoot yourself in the foot.

For example, when you beat us on the opening day, you then go and lose 2-0 to Burnley. We beat Burnley..

So what significance did beating us really have?
Original post by SA-1
You do seem to shoot yourself in the foot.

For example, when you beat us on the opening day, you then go and lose 2-0 to Burnley. We beat Burnley..

So what significance did beating us really have?

Burnley themselves are no pushovers - beat us and Everton, drew to United and should've drawn to Arsenal!

Yeah exactly, although that is literally our only loss of the season - we're clearly getting better against the lesser sides.
Next week for instance is the NLD whereas we have Watford at home; you'd expect that we'd be gaining 2-3 points on one or both of Arsenal/Spurs.

Quick Reply

Latest