The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
Take it to another thread where people actually give a ****...

You say it like there'd be better conversations on the Arsenal thread...
Original post by Dirtybit
Perfect RB if he learns to defend properly, that pace on the counter

Oh I might be, and if I do, I'll find you :redface:

Meh, I'm not convinced an attacking player can just learn defensive instinct. That's what you saw with Milner when we conceded against Spurs.

That sounds so creepy pal!
How can you not know yet? You do realise courses start in a few weeks :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio

That sounds so creepy pal!
How can you not know yet? You do realise courses start in a few weeks :biggrin:

That's because I'm waiting for an offer to come from another Uni which might sway my mind. Last minute decisions pal. I know what course you're doing, and know how you look vaguely, it's going to be easy :tongue:
Original post by Dirtybit
That's because I'm waiting for an offer to come from another Uni which might sway my mind. Last minute decisions pal. I know what course you're doing, and know how you look vaguely, it's going to be easy :tongue:

If you've got your results already, surely you would've had your offers by now?
Mine was easier because I took a gap year so I had my results when I applied.

What course do you think I'm doing?
Vaguely know how I look? Thanks :colonhash:
Anyway at the game tomorrow? I'm flying over from Berlin for it. Wouldnt do it without this fella:

(edited 7 years ago)
Re Wenger, Idgaf if I am brainwashed, I would rather he just stay.
The problem with Arsenal is they always try to walk it into the net.

I heard they want Simeone hahahahahahahahahaha I laughed.
However it would be amazing to see Simeone head to head with Guardiola, Conte, Mourinho, Klopp......
how would you guys feel about a situation where wenger becomes dirrector of football or something of the like, and we have a new young manager under him?

heard it mentioned a lot by fans, mostly in a bad way.. but it does seem like a fairly likely situation. I am not sure I can see wenger wanting to give up arsenal for a long time, but I do think he is coming to the slow realisation that he cannot manage to the highest level any more..

Certainly he will still have an influence at the club after he leaves, same as Fergie at united, though I hope we handle it better then they did.
Wenger will realise his time is up when he is beaten in a match by a manager who used to play under him
Team that will play today imo

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kosc Monreal
Xhaka Coq
Ozil
Theo Giroud Sanchez
Theo Walcott is just awful, a cancer on our club.

Please move to Watford in now as opposed to in 2018.

I think giving him a testimonial wold be an insult to the likes of Adams, Henry...
So leave through the back door please

mght handle it if he was jokes, but look at the state of him

Theo Walcott FFS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Theo Walcott is just awful, a cancer on our club.

Please move to Watford in now as opposed to in 2018.

I think giving him a testimonial wold be an insult to the likes of Adams, Henry...
So leave through the back door please

mght handle it if he was jokes, but look at the state of him

Theo Walcott FFS

You only hate him because he's mixed race. Neo-nazi scumbag...

In all seriousness though I find it hilarious how people rated Campbell and even ****ing Gnabry over my man Theo based on 6 months of poor form. One a distinctly average "hard worker" (read very little scoring, passing, crossing ability, but I guess Campbell had a little bit of flair) and one who only performed in what is effectively an U23's competition. Compared to 12 months ago when everyone said Theo was a WC striker.

He's in the last year of his contract, if the fans get behind him I expect we will see something similar to 2012-13 Theo again getting 15 goals from the wing again.
Reply 172
12/13 season he was still trash despite his goals ffs he's basically stats. Yeah he can finish but that's about it. He's a terrible striker with his back to goal and he has no skill to face any packed defence, which is what the majority of teams play vs Arsenal.

Take it this way if Wenger had such faith in Theo he wouldn't have got Lucas Perez.
Age is the biggest thing there lei.

So let me finish your show.....And one has been at the club for 10 years and is still waiting to fulfil his potential. Has never showed any signs of moving on and genuinely looks confused on a football pitch sometimes.

Campbell's and serge's worst will not be superior to Walcott.

Like you said, he only played at above an average level when he wanted a contract. So, **** getting behind someone that only plays for contract. Rather we'd make sissoko's dream come true instead.

All will happen is he gets another contract and reverts to his impotence self. Don't care if he becomes messi or Ronaldo esque, as long as it's not at this club.
The guy is the biggest fraud ever. Innocence look and great mannerism is the biggest PR scam going on. He's a marketers dream. He'd have had a great pop career if he didn't make it at football. Justin who.
Walcott's OK if he plays as a system player on the right tbh, don't give him technical responsibility
Everyone's debating about a guy who lost two full seasons to injury? Besides he's not the only one at this club to have suffered that. I don't think anyone at the club since 2006 has put in a WC performance week in week out.
It's happened again :colonhash:
Money or no money, Arsene himself is a spent force
We're making Southampton look like Barcelona :colonhash:
Nah Southampton WILL win this. Relegation 4 us

Quick Reply

Latest