The Student Room Group

AADE at AS. WHAT DO I DROP?

I got AADE in Maths, History, Chemistry and Computer Science respectively. I want to drop history but I want get good offers from unis. What do I do?

Also I dont think there are retakes for the the last 3 subjects as they are linear so the exams this year dont count towards my final grade
(edited 7 years ago)
drop computer science
Reply 2
The one you hate the most out of D/E grade
I think chemistry would be the harder of the two to improve, so I would drop that. Although chemistry is more respected than computer science, so you might be more likely to get offers with it. Dropping History would be nice but it would be too risky IMO.
Reply 4
Drop the E and then retake a chem module
Reply 5
Original post by TimGB
I think chemistry would be the harder of the two to improve, so I would drop that. Although chemistry is more respected than computer science, so you might be more likely to get offers with it. Dropping History would be nice but it would be too risky IMO.

I think I would be fine with Chemistry because it was a lack of past papers that saw my grades drop like that. I was getting Bs throughout the year but a lack of papers towards exam season and simple willpower got me a D grade.
In a similar dilema to you.
Drop the E
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Do not drop History if you want to get decent uni offers.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Original post by DukeM17
I think I would be fine with Chemistry because it was a lack of past papers that saw my grades drop like that. I was getting Bs throughout the year but a lack of papers towards exam season and simple willpower got me a D grade.

Ah ok. Drop CS then, as it will look better on your personal statement. Hopefully you'll do better with less subjects to worry about.
Reply 12
Original post by TimGB
Ah ok. Drop CS then, as it will look better on your personal statement. Hopefully you'll do better with less subjects to worry about.

I'm just stressed about this History coursework, I thought I flopped the exams...turns out I got an A, and if I want to get good offers i gonna have to keep History but this coursework has barely been started. Also I think I need to have a first draft in by the start of school next year.
Original post by DukeM17
I'm just stressed about this History coursework, I thought I flopped the exams...turns out I got an A, and if I want to get good offers i gonna have to keep History but this coursework has barely been started. Also I think I need to have a first draft in by the start of school next year.

A-levels aren't just a walk in the park. You're going to need to set yourself more time for homework if you're behind. Your grade shows that you are smart enough to do it, you just need the dedication.

Quick Reply