Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The subjects I will be taking for A-levels are English Literature, Psychology and Sociology and maybe Business Studies as a fourth A-level. I have already done German A-level as well and got a C so would that put me at a disadvantage when applying to top unis? By the way my sixth form doesn't offer Law as an A-level option.

ReputationRep:
    Hey- no, not at all. 98% of those who get in don't have an A-Level in Law, so don't worry.
    As long as you get solid A,B,C grades at GCSE then don't worry about them too much. Focus on your A-Levels and ace those

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abirella)
    The subjects I will be taking for A-levels are English Literature, Psychology and Sociology and maybe Business Studies as a fourth A-level. I have already done German A-level as well and got a C so would that put me at a disadvantage when applying to top unis? By the way my sixth form doesn't offer Law as an A-level option.
    If it isn't an option then don't worry - but make sure you've done enough research in your own time to understand what a law degree involves in terms of topics/academics so that you can talk about your interest in the subject well in your PS. If your sixth form offer the EPQ then doing that on a legal topic would be useful (again to both reassure you that you've made the right decision and to reassure admissions staff that you know what you're getting into).

http://university.which.co.uk/advice...e-law-students is worth a read

ReputationRep:
    I've heard from many law students on this forum that it's actually recommended not to study the Law A level, as it conflicts with what they teach you at university, so it could be confusing.
    Don't worry at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abirella)
    Don't worry about not studying law, I am currently studying law with criminology and most of my course mates have not studied Law before as their college / Sixth form did not have it as an option (same reason as you). Most colleges / sixth forms advise you not to study law before going to university as they teach you different stuff compared to what you would be learning at uni. The C at A/s level would not put you at a disadvantage either !!! Good Luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't, if anything it's considered to be an unhelpful subject to take by a couple of unis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.