Turn on thread page Beta

Is it just me or... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...have the leg lengths for trousers gotten longer?

I must've looked in half a dozen shops today and not a single pair of regular sized jeans fitted me, I had to get some from the petite section... and I'm not exactly short at 5'6, infact I thought 5'5 - 5'6 was the average hight. I wonder why shops model their clothes on giants now

ReputationRep:
    Maybe people prefer to wear them longer at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Uh, don't most jeans come in different lengths? :P I'm finding it harder to find 30" ones that fit me though. I was looking for trousers for an interview the other day and I just kept finding 32" and 34" length ones in the styles I liked, pft.

ReputationRep:
    So its not just the boys then eh?
    Im 5'9 and length 30 (smallest you can find in boys sizes) jeans are still too long for me ;dry;.

Tried different brands, they're all the same. I know I might not pull them up to my neck but I dont have them down to my ankles either.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't noticed. All pants and jeans are always too long for me. The only time I can actually buy a pair that fits me in lenght is when you can choose the length on your own (i.e they have all different ones).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not having too much of a prob at the moment. Jeans are always too long though! I bought seven pairs when I went to Australia as they shorten them in the shop and you can collect them at the end of the day!

ReputationRep:
    haha its funny as i normally have the opposite problem of not finding ones long enough! only recently have places started to do longer lengths and even now they are not in all the styles and usually the ones i like they dont have, i always wondered why shorter ppl never had this prob- but aparently you do so whilst it is not much consolation to you, and i do feel for you, it makes me feel slightly better knowing it goes both ways
    and possibly the average height may have increased over the years or the stores are just finding thre is more of a demand for certain lengths than others?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I've never bought a pair of trousers that didn't need taking up - My jeans are specifically Levi's because they take them up for free (with the same coloured stitching too, so they don't look altered) and my other trousers, I take up myself. It's a chore, but I don't have much choice being 5'2" lol.

ReputationRep:
    I normally do have to take up other sorts of trousers but I've never had to with jeans before Does the leg length change with size? Like a size 8 with have a shorter leg length than a 14?

ReputationRep:
    I think that some "regular" leg lengths do seem to be on the long side... Bit strange considering the average height for a woman in the UK is supposed to be something like 5ft4

Heh, I'm currently wearing a pair of trousers that I ended up buying in Long, because I couldn't find a shorter pair. Fortunately they're straight legged so they look alright after being shortened. Ah well, I knew there was a reason why I took Textiles all those years ago...

ReputationRep:
    I roll mine up and stitch it if it's too long :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'7" and I have to buy "short" length trousers in dorothy perkins, I find it depends on the shop I'm trying stuff on in.

I'm 5'9" and i have such a hard time buying clothes... i have a long body which means i have to get either large or medium tops, but i ahve a small 28 - 29 inch waist, which means i usually have to buy 30 inch waist trousers and have short legs.

getting jeans is not a problem because they look ok when a bit long, but normal trousers are a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'2'' and all the trousers I find are way to long for me, the petite ranges do help solve it though.

ReputationRep:
    I have the opposite problem...I'm 5ft11 and have 36inch legs! Even the 34inch leg are ankle swingers not a good look

ReputationRep:
    Ive been thinking this for a while, im 5ft 5 and for a while ive been having to buy petite jeans or they are just too long for me and either drag on the floor or get all scrunched up at the bottom and look silly.
    I never used to have this problem, so im either shrinking or somethings happenning to the lengths

ReputationRep:
    I only have a 28" leg length so finding trousers which haven't been too long has always been a bit of a problem for me... But I know what you mean, I went looking for jeans on Wednesday and the average leg length was 31"...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'4" but with long legs so I'm usually a 32 inch leg/ Regular in most places.
    Zara trousers are shockingly long though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebee)
    ...have the leg lengths for trousers gotten longer?

I must've looked in half a dozen shops today and not a single pair of regular sized jeans fitted me, I had to get some from the petite section... and I'm not exactly short at 5'6, infact I thought 5'5 - 5'6 was the average hight. I wonder why shops model their clothes on giants now
    Yeah you're right i'm sure they;ve got longer, but you're 5'6 how do you think i feel at 5'2, even though i'm a 31 leg length still with every pair of trousers i buy, i have to get my mum to take them up for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The One and Only Lady Jennington)
    I'm 5'7" and I have to buy "short" length trousers in dorothy perkins, I find it depends on the shop I'm trying stuff on in.
    snap.

though a year or so ago i could fit into the regular length ones.... hmmm.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.