The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Erm.. thing that FM relies on are trig identities, binomial expansion from P2, but get the textbook from your college and brush over it all.
Reply 2
innercitylife
I'm starting AS Further Maths next year with P4 in September (whilst I do my A2s)- but at AS I've only done P1, S1 and S2 and we've just started a little bit of P2.. As I need to catch up quite a bit this summer, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the main points that would be important out of P3, so I can prioritise a little bit and be slightly more prepared! Thanks =)

edit: I'm on OCR

Not sure how much carries into P4 but...

If you can integrate and differentiate trig functions very well then you have a good chance at being able to do at least some parts of most of the P3 questions. You should learn partial fractions and thier various forms as these are very easy marks and they are often used in conjunction with other questions (e.g. expansions, differentiation etc...). I found vectors to be quite irritating but you are virtually guaranteed a question on them in the exam. :smile:
Reply 3
Excellent, thank you so much. :smile:
Reply 4
Learn the insane amount of trig identities, and how to use them all. Also make sure you learn the standard differentiation/integration of the identities and stuff.
Reply 5
Lots of work needed I think; I haven't arrived at P4 yet but P3 has an insane amount of stuff to learn in it; P2 isn't so bad, if you are apt at maths you don't need to work too much on p2 just brush over it; but for good marks on p4 I really recommend going through as many Qs and past papers as you can.
Reply 6
If a lot of is rote learning then I'll be fine, I'm generally good at applying things like identities. Am scanning through P2 at the moment and it all seems fairly straightforward (although this will bite me in the arse at some point I'm sure), learnt a couple of Chapters just by reading and then did the misc exercises which draw things together and am fine. Thanks for your help :smile:

Latest