Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A little advice or help with something? :/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I never post anything on the internet or anything like ask or comment and stuff like that but I just felt like I should get people's opinion on this or some sort of advice or something.
    It's about a girl.
    When I came to my secondary school in year 8 I got to go on a trip with 10 other people because we made progress really quickly. It was a rewards trip.
    So I saw this girl and im not gonna say her name. She was really beautiful and just different from everyone else. After the trip we started talking and I liked her but never had the courage to tell her.
    One day I decided to man up and tell her that I liked her and she said that she didnt know what to say. We stopped talking because I made things awkward between us.
    It has been nearly 4 years and I still have feelings for her. After out GCSE results I found out that both of us are going to the same college and we picked similar subjects. We pretend like its all normal when it is actually awkward.
    When we were in year 10 my friend (who is really good friends with her) asked her that what does she think about me and she said that im the nicest guy ever but im not for him.
    Im kinda worried (i dont know if I am) or confused about what should I do if we are in the same classes for college. Should I forget everything and start from the begining and start talking to her or should I just ignore her from my life. But I dont think I can do that. It's kinda impossible. My feelings are very strong for her.
    I know most people will that im in the friendzone and its how it works but i dont know im just confused.
    If you are still reading then thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My friend, you are raw. That makes me job easy. You are in a very common situation.

Your FIRST mistake is putting this girl on a pedestal. You said shes different..no she is not. She is the same as every other girl. She is not a special snowflake or unicorn. She is not 'the one' for you or your soulmate or whatever. Establish abundance mentality.

Your SECOND mistake is telling her that you like her. You must establish attraction first and show that you like her not tell her. Get that Hollywood idea out of your head, quickly. Girls will tell you 'ooo i love it when guys just be honest and say they like us'. No. Do not.

Now. To rectify this situation, you MUST completely ignore this girl. She doesn't exist to you anymore. You have to cure this oneitis disease.
    She will come back to you and beg for your attention if you stop chasing her.

If you chase girls, they run away. Get that into your head.

If when you do stop giving her attention and act as if she doesn't exist ( its called radio silence ) and she doesn't come back for your attention, move on. But hey, the trick is you have already moved on. So its a win win situation. Let her chase you.

There are girls everywhere in college. Everywhere on your way to college. Everywhere on your way home from college.

Abundance mentality. Get your mind off this one girl.

ReputationRep:
    You are so right about me telling her that I like her, I regret that so much.
    and talking about moving on... easier said than done.
    Thanks for replying though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maghfoor)
    You are so right about me telling her that I like her, I regret that so much.
    and talking about moving on... easier said than done.
    Thanks for replying though
    Everything I have said above is right. And it is not easier said than done. Just stop talking to and thinking about her.

Your attitude is hinting at continuing to revel in this oneitis situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RooshV)
    Everything I have said above is right. And it's not easier said than done.

Your attitude is hinting at continuing to revel in this oneitis situation
    Let's hope she isnt in my classes and I will try my best... my very best

ReputationRep:
    Talk to other people in your class, not her. Don't even look at her. Initially she may be confused as she's so used to (and is fond of) being the object of your affections, but she'll either get over that or make a move on you. Either way don't waste any energy on this girl. She's had many years to decide if she wants to pursue anything with you (which she hasn't), instead she's calling you the nicest guy ever which means quite frankly you're undateable to her. Next she'll be calling you her brother.
    Think of that everytime you even get a hint of an urge to go and talk to her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.