Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm applying through UCAS to get into a biology course but I really need some help 'cause I'm having some doubts about my application.
    First of all: I'm currently studying for my undergraduate in Italy and I should get my degree on Septermber, which is when I would eventually start my new degree. I already chatted with some tutors from Edinburgh University to ask if that would have been a problem but they weren't able to answer me, even though they were optimistic about that. Anyone has ever had a similar problem?

Second question; I'd want to take up another undergraduate to integrate my first one (Natural Science degree) and I'm really fond of biology, especially genetics and stam cells. I've seen that some Universities (i.e. Edinburgh) have the first 2 years similar and the next ones specialized in a subject, which is wonderful, but when I'm applying do I already have to select which subject I'd like to study in the end?
    example: biology is C100 genetics c400. If I select C100 will I be unable to study Genetics the last two years? Is there any differences about the probability of getting in if I select C100 or C400?

Third and last; do you think I'll get more chances of getting in because of my first degree (which is in the same field) or not? My high school degree were pretty good and I'm also getting good grades in University.

Thank you
    ps: sorry for my bad English, hope you'll understand what I'm talking about anyway, if not, please tell me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.