Locks on bedroom doors Watch

~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the best thing to do would be to view potential places prior to moving in - or ask the landlord when you view them if he can fit locks - at the end of the day he'll be making more money from you than the cost of a simple lock.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fat_hobbit)
Yes, my private accomadation last year had no locks in the bedrooms. To make matters worse my bathroom door could be by-passed with a 2p coin (so make sure you check the type of lock being used in the bathroom), unfortunantly my flat-mates took full abuse of that and broke in.
My bathroom door had the same lock.
fat_hobbit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by more adventurous)
My bathroom door had the same lock.
I hope for your sake no one broke in whilst you were showering lol (that was what happened to me! terrible)
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Luckily not. They just banged on the door and told me I should have waited for them take a shower first, because they need more hot water than me. :rolleyes:
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Some private flats have locks, some don't. I guess it's the norm that students moving into private accommodation will know each other so locks aren't really necessary. I imagine that if you have separate tenancies the landlord is probably required to have locks on the doors. But usually it'll be a joint tenancy so it might have locks but it might not. Apparently it used to be a law that you couldn't have locks if it was a joint tenancy but that has now changed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads