Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody, I'm studying my first year of Graphic Design starting on Monday, it's a level 3 extended Diploma, 2 years. I'm not sure if you guys would know but do you think it would be possible to clear the course in 1 year? I'm going back into education at 21 and seeing as how it's a college course, I've heard the term "mature student" thrown around and that makes me feel old, so I kinda wanna race through this course and get straight onto uni! I heard we're given 8 weeks for the final assignment and that seems like a little bit of overkill, I also hear a lot of people saying that year 1 is normally a walk in the park. I could be totally wrong and I guess I won't know for sure until I start but it would be great to hear your opinion.

It's taken me 5 years, a lot of crappy jobs and many missed opportunities to figure out what I actually wanted to do with life, so I want to get on with it as soon as possible. While I am actually interested and would love a career in Graphic Design, my true focus will be Animation & Illustration. Graphic Design is my fall back in case that doesn't work out.

So let me know what you think! Any insight would be greatly appreciated, cheers everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.