The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Please don't swear at our members - it only gets your post deleted, as you can see - and dosn't make us take you too seriously.

If you really want us to listen to you argue your case properly and tell what really happened rather than than just insulting us.
loftx
Please don't swear at our members - it only gets your post deleted, as you can see - and dosn't make us take you too seriously.

If you really want us to listen to you argue your case properly and tell what really happened rather than than just insulting us.

Just double-checking here are you sure your Loftx and not Hayden. Because that was something Hayden would say! :tongue:
Unregistered
you call registering MANNERS? get over it girl

giving myself a name like "kittydoll" isnt exactly gonna EXPOSE MYSELF

Ok I am really sick you you now - the rest of us are trying to make inteligent arguments and this is how you respond. If Candice is anything like you it's no wonder her 1st 3 choices wouldn't take her! BTW sorry lou p lou, I have now registered and wiil continue my rant about people who run to the papers. So as Iwas saying Nobel Prize? That statement will come back to haunt her time and time again...
Reply 43
Indeed, Miss Clarke did vow to win the Nobel Prize for Chemistry, or something. Who honestly cares.

The very fact that she complained about being rejected shows just how little she knows about the wonderful world of education.
Reply 44
Unregistered
nah i rather not spill her life story to a bunch of idiots

bye xxxxx MWUAHHH XXXXXxx

kittydoll

Why not? Thats what papers generally do.

If you don't want to do that why not get her on here - I mean lets face it, she can't do a much worse job defending herself than you are.
Reply 45
a_musical_gal
Just double-checking here are you sure your Loftx and not Hayden. Because that was something Hayden would say! :tongue:

Just thought a little kindness... maybe not.
tell u what

think what you want
Reply 47
Unregistered
oh please. thats the problem with his forum, everyone trying to show off their intelligence. now youre making assumptions about me through a FORUM...like i said im not gonna spill her life story to you lot. it would prove a lot but i wont.

Just a small point. Universities don't base their decisions on peoples life story. So however badly she has been treated in life in irrelevent. Like I said - no one deserves to go to Cambridge.
Reply 48
Unregistered:

Don't worry!

I for one think that Miss Clarke is a sad, bitter, arrogant young madam who loses her temper as a spoiled brat would when things don't go her way.

Most children behave like that aged 3 or 4: Miss Clarke is 17.
loftx
Just a small point. Universities don't base their decisions on peoples life story. So however badly she has been treated in life in irrelevent. Like I said - no one deserves to go to Cambridge.

AND like you said, that is YOUR opinion..
Reply 50
Unregistered
AND like you said, that is YOUR opinion..

Yes I know.

Whats yours - how do universities pick who goes in? and how do you think they should?
Unregistered
tell u what

think what you want

Ok, we will, namely that her comments were inadvisable and that you are becoming a real pain. Loftx is right, get her on here - I'm sure she would die of embarrassment if she knew how poorly you've defended her!
Tek
Miss Clarke is 17.

What she's 17 and going to Uni? Explain I though you had to be 18....
Reply 53
She will be 18 this year...some people in my year at school won't be 16 until late August and even early September. The current upper sixth (who have just received their A Level results) are those born between September 1984 and (the end of) August 1985. So whilst she is 17 now, by the end of August she will be 18.
Tek
So whilst she is 17 now, by the end of August she will be 18.

Old enough to know better, anyway. You get stories like this every year, it's unpleasent enough for the students - they have to cope with having been turned down - but making this fuss and deluding themselves that they were unfairly treated does nobody any favours.
Tek
She will be 18 this year...some people in my year at school won't be 16 until late August and even early September. The current upper sixth (who have just received their A Level results) are those born between September 1984 and (the end of) August 1985. So whilst she is 17 now, by the end of August she will be 18.

Oh right..my mistake..I should of known!
Reply 56
If I don't get in, I guess I'll be upset. But I won't feel hard-done-by. I'll take a year out and apply again.

Remember, if you're that desperate to go to Cambridge, you could always apply to read Theology with Education Studies at Homerton.
Tek
If I don't get in, I guess I'll be upset. But I won't feel hard-done-by. I'll take a year out and apply again.

That's the spirit. What course will you apply for?
Reply 58
I'm thinking about Geography (or maybe History).

As for the Colleges, Selwyn looks quite nice, but having said that, I haven't ruled out St Peter's, Oxford yet.
Tek
Remember, if you're that desperate to go to Cambridge, you could always apply to read Theology with Education Studies at Homerton.

Apply for what?

Latest

Trending

Trending