Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend still has her wedding pictures on Facebook Watch

I've got a friend who is now divorced and dating again and looking for a relationship, however on her profile she still has an album of her wedding day. I'm just curious as to what other people think about this. Personally if I was dating her and I saw that she still had photos from her wedding day on Facebook it would make me feel uncomfortable and make me question whether she's committed to a relationship. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    It was still an important day in her life so I don't see why she should have to remove them. It doesn't mean that she wont be committed to another relationship. But if it made you uncomfortable then you could ask her to remove them, just don't be surprised if she gets all funny about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've got a friend who is now divorced and dating again and looking for a relationship, however on her profile she still has an album of her wedding day. I'm just curious as to what other people think about this. Personally if I was dating her and I saw that she still had photos from her wedding day on Facebook it would make me feel uncomfortable and make me question whether she's committed to a relationship. What do you think?
    Regardless of the subsequent divorce, it was most likely one of the best days of her life at the time. She looked great, she felt great, she was getting married to the person she loved, she was happy. Just because you've divorced someone, it doesn't take away the feelings you had on that day or that you once had for them. That album may make her smile when she looks back at it. Or maybe, just maybe she's not ashamed of the fact she was married once and now divorced and doesn't feel the need to hide it away like it never happened

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Regardless of the subsequent divorce, it was most likely one of the best days of her life at the time. She looked great, she felt great, she was getting married to the person she loved, she was happy. Just because you've divorced someone, it doesn't take away the feelings you had on that day or that you once had for them. That album may make her smile when she looks back at it. Or maybe, just maybe she's not ashamed of the fact she was married once and now divorced and doesn't feel the need to hide it away like it never happened
    Thanks. I'm just curious as to what other people think because this new guy she's seeing looks like the jealous type.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm just curious as to what other people think because this new guy she's seeing looks like the jealous type.
    She needs to tell him to be less insecure in their relationship, she's divorced now, the ex husband is hardly waiting in the wings ready to take her back
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Reading too much into it I think, bit have you talked to her about it and told her which pictures you disapprove of and your impression of her relationshop commitment?

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Reading too much into it I think, bit have you talked to her about it and told her which pictures you disapprove of and your impression of her relationshop commitment?
    Maybe I am reading too much into it but this new guy she's seeing does seem like the type that would get jealous if he sees her wedding pictures on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really see how it's any of your business or why you're so concerned about it. You keep saying "her current bf seems like the jealous type" but it seems like there's absolutely no basis for you to say that unless your friend has specifically said to you that he's been upset about these photos. To me, It's silly and extremely childish for a person to go on a rampage deleting pictures of all their memorable moments every time they end a relationship or stop being friends with somebody. If people did that all the time no one would have any memories left. You dont need to erase a person if you genuinely cared for each other at some point, regardless of how things may have ended. Obviously this is different in cases where the relationship was toxic or abusive because then it may be best to remove all traces.

People drift apart, friendships end, new relationships form. It doesn't mean you should pretend the old ones never existed. There are probably friends you were close with as a kid that you don't even speak to now, does that mean you would go back to pictures of you and them from many years ago and delete them? What kind of meaningless purpose would that serve? Same goes with someone you were married to- at the time of marriage things were good. It was a great day of celebration and a very meaningful day in general.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Maybe I am reading too much into it but this new guy she's seeing does seem like the type that would get jealous if he sees her wedding pictures on facebook.
    If you are her friend and you are conerned then surely she is the one you need to be speaking to. Some people arent good at controlling the privacy settings on facebook. Surelly the fact she has been married is in the past? Has she told him? Would it make a difference or is she meant to still be a virgin?

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats weird, if you're divorced why on earth would you keep your pics up?

the ex might assume shes still into him

but it could just mean that she hasn't been on facebook for a while to delete the pics...

ReputationRep:
    She should delete them.

Any future relationship is doomed from the start if the album is still visible.

It seems like something minuscule. but it represents something larger and deeper.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you aren't the jealous bf?*

(Original post by chikane)
    Are you sure you aren't the jealous bf?*
    Yes because I'm a woman.

(Original post by yungaheartz)
    yeah thats weird, if you're divorced why on earth would you keep your pics up?

the ex might assume shes still into him

but it could just mean that she hasn't been on facebook for a while to delete the pics...
    She's on Facebook daily.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.