Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I kissed my now boyfriend for the first time last week and it was amazing every single time we kissed. I noticed it was very fast paced and later he said my kisses were very passionate, plus he said wasn't used to using tongue.

Fast forward to this week, we kissed and it wasn't good at all. I stopped him and asked why it felt like we were out of sync, he said it didn't feel like to him. So we kissed again and I had to stop it again. It was really sloppy and he used too much tongue.

I basically told him to slow down on the tongue, he confessed to never kissing with tongue before and he demonstrated how girls in the past have kissed him - it was simple lip locking (nothing wrong with that). He said i kiss like people do when they're making love and he liked it. He suggested we slowed it down and again it was really sloppy. I couldn't really find a pace that worked for us.

I'm worried that this will be the case from now onwards. How can i make this situation work? Like i said the last time was great and now it's like he's going overboard with the tongue.

ReputationRep:
    If you've kissed in the past and it's been great then you know the potential is there, so you're not doomed.
    I'd say right now he's trying to explore different things and trying to impress you. His confidence may also be a bit knocked from the critiquing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I kissed my now boyfriend for the first time last week and it was amazing every single time we kissed. I noticed it was very fast paced and later he said my kisses were very passionate, plus he said wasn't used to using tongue.

Fast forward to this week, we kissed and it wasn't good at all. I stopped him and asked why it felt like we were out of sync, he said it didn't feel like to him. So we kissed again and I had to stop it again. It was really sloppy and he used too much tongue.

I basically told him to slow down on the tongue, he confessed to never kissing with tongue before and he demonstrated how girls in the past have kissed him - it was simple lip locking (nothing wrong with that). He said i kiss like people do when they're making love and he liked it. He suggested we slowed it down and again it was really sloppy. I couldn't really find a pace that worked for us.

I'm worried that this will be the case from now onwards. How can i make this situation work? Like i said the last time was great and now it's like he's going overboard with the tongue.
    honestly nothing worse then having your face cleaning and them classing it as kissing!!
    also using no tongue is just weird, iv tried and i cant do it, my tongue wont allow it

ReputationRep:
    You've been kissing for what, two weeks? Give it time. Sometimes it takes awhile to adjust to a different way of showing affection.

Just teach him, and be patient.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    honestly nothing worse then having your face cleaning and them classing it as kissing!!
    also using no tongue is just weird, iv tried and i cant do it, my tongue wont allow it
    Me and my partner are the oposite we have never kissed with tongue we try every now and a gain just to gross each other out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Me and my partner are the oposite we have never kissed with tongue we try every now and a gain just to gross each other out
    how odd. its weird without the tongue
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    how odd. its weird without the tongue
    I find it weird with the tongue. Its strange how different people have such difference preferences x

ReputationRep:
    I find it weird with the tongue. Its strange how different people have such difference preferences x
    its like i cant stand kissing with eyes open, its just weird and awkward
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    its like i cant stand kissing with eyes open, its just weird and awkward
    Yeah neither do i i find it really creepy haha, omg i was in sainsburys yesterday and there was a couple in there in the middle of the isle snogging for like 5 mins straight it was really funny watching people awkwardly trying to walk around them :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah neither do i i find it really creepy haha, omg i was in sainsburys yesterday and there was a couple in there in the middle of the isle snogging for like 5 mins straight it was really funny watching people awkwardly trying to walk around them :P
    id cringe
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    id cringe
    I did

ReputationRep:
    Imagine the analysis when you two actually bang.

Please report back to us, it will make for a good reading.

(Original post by RooshV)
    Imagine the analysis when you two actually bang.

Please report back to us, it will make for a good reading.
    I don't know if this is a good or bad thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know if this is a good or bad thing
    You know what, neither do I.

You know what, yes I do.

It's a bad thing. You're obviously not compatible. But you'll do it anyway

(Original post by RooshV)
    You know what, neither do I.

You know what, yes I do.

It's a bad thing. You're obviously not compatible. But you'll do it anyway
    That's my only worry right now. Since they evening I'm thinking are we even compatiable

ReputationRep:
    Just relax both of you. Your thinking too much about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.