The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

So, who else is applying? :smile:

I already have my exam results (I finished school 2 years ago), and I got top grades so I should be fine! :smile: (I'm from the EU)

Hoping to do English. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hoping to do Msc Linguistics with Neuroscience or PGCE (English)! Though I got into BA Linguistics a few years ago but decided to go elsewhere :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by dorababy1995
So, who else is applying? :smile:

I already have my exam results (I finished school 2 years ago), and I got top grades so I should be fine! :smile: (I'm from the EU)

Hoping to do English. :smile:

If you have been out of education for more than 3 years you are treated as a mature applicant. Which means they will look at work experience and grades.
Hoping to do economics (maybe with a year abroad), just done my AS levels and 1 a-level
Applying for Maths with AAAA at AS and a 93 UMS Maths and FM average.

Any other maths applicants out there?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Original post by Gman786
If you have been out of education for more than 3 years you are treated as a mature applicant. Which means they will look at work experience and grades.

Thanks for that, but I haven't been out of education. My situation is quite unique actually. I've already contacted them about it and they said I'm eligible to apply.
Reply 6
Hey! I am also from the EU, I am applying for PPE (technically reapplying... had to withdraw from UCL last year because of their under 18s policy and now I will be 18 when the 2017 course starts)
I am applying from another uni here where I live but I talked to them and it's fine for them so yeah. I finished school this summer :smile:
Reply 7
Currently doing the IB. Looking to do history maybe with a year abroad (University of California sounds appealing)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Are my UMS scores high enough for Natural Sciences? Part of CCEA system so don't know if different but the UMS scores are out of 300 apart from Software Systems Development which is 200. I am predicted 2A*s in Maths and Physics and 2A's in Biology and Software. Don't know how relevant but my at GCSE I got 12A*s and an A.

My UMS scores are:
Maths - 278/300 93%
Physics - 268/300 89%
Biology - 263/300 88%
Software Development - 175/200 88%

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ConorK98
Are my UMS scores high enough for Natural Sciences? Part of CCEA system so don't know if different but the UMS scores are out of 300 apart from Software Systems Development which is 200. I am predicted 2A*s in Maths and Physics and 2A's in Biology and Software. Don't know how relevant but my at GCSE I got 12A*s and an A.

My UMS scores are:
Maths - 278/300 93%
Physics - 268/300 89%
Biology - 263/300 88%
Software Development - 175/200 88%

Thanks

I am pretty damn sure you will get an offer. Bear in mind they won't actually see your UMS (I don't think they collect ums for natsci, might be wrong) so apart from the single A you have at GCSE as far as UCL know you are academically flawless... The offers UCL give out for NatSci are A*AA or AAA.Because you are a strong candidate you will probs get A*AA but I am sure you can smash that.
I am also applying for NatSci 2017 entry from a gap year with A*A*A and am expecting to get an offer from UCL which I will most definitely take up when I get rejected from Cambridge lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Does anyone know how much emphasis UCL put on what you have done outside of school to show interest in your subject in your personal statement for NatSci? I have read books and keep up to date with science news at home but I am seeing some people who are listing all the research they have done and competitions they have won in their personal statements. My work experience is also not very relevant. Will this greatly disadvantage me when applying or should I be okay? Also if I am applying to some universities for biological sciences but others for natural sciences should I write only about biology or about all the sciences I am interested in? Thanks
Original post by midgemeister7
I have a place confirmed for economics in 2017 - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Well done! What was your academic profile like? Did you get high UMS in maths AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
8 A* 1 A 1 B at GCSE, then AAAA at AS - maths UMS at AS was 96% but they only asked for module grades rather than UMS iirc

Nice! Do you do further maths? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Nice! Do you do further maths? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not originally but I did FM AS during my A2 year (FP1, S2, S3)
Not originally but I did FM AS during my A2 year (FP1, S2, S3)

Awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Don Joiner
Awesome! That's exactly what I'm doing 😄 it's so cool to find someone who's done the same as me and who's got into the uni I want to as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, good luck! I enjoyed doing it that way as they didn't include FM in my offer at all so there was no pressure on it
Reply 16
Hello

I've sent my application on 8 September but have yet to receive any confirmation or acknowledgment email from UCL. Am I supposed to receive one?
Reply 17
Hi, I'm currently taking a 2nd gap year and my current grades are A*BB in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry. I am retaking Economics and Chemistry and I'm predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Economics and Chemistry. I am considering to apply to UCL for the following;

- Statistics, Economics and Finance (A*AA - AAA)
- Management Science (AAA)
- Economics (A*AA)

I have 9 As and 2Bs at GCSE. Along with a strong personal statement, do you think I have a shot ? I'm worried because I am taking two years out before university and I currently have an offer from QMUL for Econ but I really don't like the university/area. Do you guys think I have a shot with these courses ?
I'm applying to study History :biggrin: it's my dream course and I fell in love with the uni on open day! I just hope I can get across how bad I wanna study history in my PS!
I'm applying for Economics, and also Statistics Economics and Finance,

I have 10A*s at GCSE and AAA at AS, maths module scores of 100, 90, 92, 96 in C1 C2 C3 and M1 respectively

Predicted A*A*A* + A in AS Further Maths

Do I have a good chance of getting An offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest