The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oceana Liang
Yea I get full marks in C1, C2, D1 which are all maths. For further maths I get 99 in both FP1 and S1 and 84 in M1. Cambridge, Edinburgh and Manchester. Do u apply economics ?

That is good.
Yeah, I am an Economics applicant too. I applied for the same UCL courses as you. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Fbiemad
That is good.
Yeah, I am an Economics applicant too. I applied for the same UCL courses as you. :smile:

good luck! UCL seems taking their time :frown: do we have any interviews for our courses?
Original post by W. A. Mozart
I have heard that for you to get an offer, you have to attend the UCL open day.

But, what would happen if you hadn't received an offer before the open day?

Does this apply to all courses?!
good luck! UCL seems taking their time :frown: do we have any interviews for our courses?

Yes, this is just the beginning though...:biggrin:
Last year I heard back in November for the Economics and Statistics course and in March I heard back for the Economics course. Many applicants heard back earlier than me for the Economics course though. However, in my college all 5 Economics applicants heard back in March from UCL.

We dont have any interviews for the UCL courses. You only have to attend an open day after you get an offer, which they say it is compulsory to attend.:smile:
The open day is just meant to show you the university and the course you applied to.
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Does this apply to all courses?!

Yes, it is for all courses, but I believe it is only for applicants who live in the UK.
Original post by Fbiemad
Yes, this is just the beginning though...:biggrin:
Last year I heard back in November for the Economics and Statistics course and in March I heard back for the Economics course. Many applicants heard back earlier than me for the Economics course though. However, in my college all 5 Economics applicants heard back in March from UCL.

We dont have any interviews for the UCL courses. You only have to attend an open day after you get an offer, which they say it is compulsory to attend.:smile:
The open day is just meant to show you the university and the course you applied to.

Oh thanks. So u are a year 1 student in UCL ?
Oh thanks. So u are a year 1 student in UCL ?

No, I missed my offers by only 1 mark.
I got an offer from LSE for Economics last year, but I marginally missed my offer.
They required A*AAE in Maths, Economics, Physics and Further Maths. However, I got A*A*A*AB in Maths, Further Maths, Persian, Physics and Economics. The B was 0.5% (only 1 mark) away from an A. :biggrin:
They said that usually they take people who miss by this margin, but this year many applicants met their offers so they didn't allow any marginally missed applicants (like me) in. Therefore, as I wanted to go there, they (LSE) told me to reapply this year.
Original post by Fbiemad
I got an offer from LSE for Economics last year, but I marginally missed my offer.
They required A*AAE in Maths, Economics, Physics and Further Maths. However, I got A*A*A*AB in Maths, Further Maths, Persian, Physics and Economics. The B was 0.5% (only 1 mark) away from an A. :biggrin:
They said that usually they take people who miss by this margin, but this year many applicants met their offers so they didn't allow any marginally missed applicants (like me) in. Therefore, as I wanted to go there, they (LSE) told me to reapply this year.

oh it must be sad for you. I'm sure u will get an offer this year :smile:
Original post by Fbiemad

Ouch, that's painful.

Well done on your grades. You really deserve to be proud of those.

Where have you applied this year? :-)
Original post by Fbiemad
Yes, it is for all courses, but I believe it is only for applicants who live in the UK.

But only after you receive an offer, correct? (Sorry, I know you specified that in your last post, but I thought your earlier one meant that attending the open day was needed prior to receiving an offer)
Original post by Fbiemad

Well I come from the EU and they've sent me a mail saying I'll have to attend an interview. But my course is a bit special though, it's a dual degree taught with another university abroad.
Original post by Fleuves
Ouch, that's painful.

Well done on your grades. You really deserve to be proud of those.

Where have you applied this year? :-)

Thanks.:smile:

Cambridge, LSE, UCL, UCL, KCL.
I live in London and thats why I chose London universities + Cambridge.
Original post by Fbiemad
Thanks.:smile:

Cambridge, LSE, UCL, UCL, KCL.
I live in London and thats why I chose London universities + Cambridge.

Btw as u mentioned the compulsory open days, do I have to attend two open days beacsue I applied two courses at UCL?
Just so you know, UCL have started sending out interview invitations! Someone in another thread got oen tis morning!
Original post by dorababy1995
Just so you know, UCL have started sending out interview invitations! Someone in another thread got oen tis morning!

For what course ?
Original post by nihil_nimis
For what course ?

English. :smile:
Anyone Applying for Mechanical Enginerring?
If so have you heard back from them after the acknowledgement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, quick question here (actually not really quick but anyway).
UCL asked me to submit an additional personal statement on this portico thingy. I've done it, and it's written that I shouldn't ask them if they've received it. It's then written that the link to upload documents will disappear shortly I've submitted what they asked me.
I can see that I've submitted it, but the link didn't disappear and UCL didn't contact me afterwards.

One more thing. When I submitted it, I had the choice between three categories (to describe the document I was sending): CV, qualification and something like forms (I don't remember), but none of them could fit as additional personal statement.

I don't really know what to do. Thanks :smile:
Original post by indvolda
Hey, quick question here (actually not really quick but anyway).
UCL asked me to submit an additional personal statement on this portico thingy. I've done it, and it's written that I shouldn't ask them if they've received it. It's then written that the link to upload documents will disappear shortly I've submitted what they asked me.
I can see that I've submitted it, but the link didn't disappear and UCL didn't contact me afterwards.

One more thing. When I submitted it, I had the choice between three categories (to describe the document I was sending): CV, qualification and something like forms (I don't remember), but none of them could fit as additional personal statement.

I don't really know what to do. Thanks :smile:

It might be a good idea to phone (or email - this may take longer though) the relevant admissions team.
Original post by DarkEnergy
It might be a good idea to phone (or email - this may take longer though) the relevant admissions team.

Oh okay thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending